Fixed some drawers today

rrich1

Got the chance to use my new Makita compact router today. Two drawers from one of our tables busted. The top of the slide broke from the side of the drawer. I got some wood from Menard's a month or so ago and with the new router and bits I got to work.

I am impressed with the ease of the router. I will write a full review here in the next few days. Anywho here are some simple pics. It was the first time I ever used a router before. So glad I made the purchase. Also the first time I got to use my Masterforce 18ga Brad nailer. Excellent nailer and she be considered when looking for a nailer. The features you get vs more expensive ones make it a no brainer. Full review on that will be up sometime as well.

IMG_20160302_112816400_HDR_zpsz4supw0n.jpg

IMG_20160302_114623388_zpsskihmt2j.jpg

IMG_20160302_130154976_zpsulam03dc.jpg

IMG_20160302_130028534_zpsv0aicmnd.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Nice work man, how much did that router set you back?

$122 with both the regular basez plunge, and straight edge. Although you need an adapter for the straight edge to work with the plunge base. Makita has a $20 off select woodworking tools until later this month. Ended up being at least $40 cheaper than the colt plunge base kit.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1