Show Us Your Toolbelt

Stercorarius

Doing roofing day in and out, I only used a side bag with two pouches, two loops, and couple small slots for knife and pencils.

All I really needed mostly was hammer and couple rolls of roofing nails. I might swap out for hand nails putting on ridge vent, or put a hammer tacker in a hammer loop, maybe snips for dripedge.... and that's about it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

These kind of loops. I probably haven't used this regularly for ten years.

I've never used a full rig like zach miller has, read up on his experience if you haven't yet, the Milwaukee bag with suspension rig.

663614c2e875e6e5bc9b9aa0cf968872.jpg

I went looking for that post, and if this helps at all, well my work is done;

here I found it

Could always fabricate a belt hook to go on the ass end of the hammer so it hangs upside down.

I actually work with a guy who has a CLC bag for his hammer in the back. It's just a loose sack that you set your hammer in head first. The bags are designed for it, but I never see anyone else doing it.

Only issue with that Jimbo is the weight is at the base and it acts like a swinging pendulum when u walk or run around the site, which could bang up the thighs a bit.

I know mine with the head at the top is bad enough when the handle cracks me in the legs from time to time.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Only issue with that Jimbo is the weight is at the base and it acts like a swinging pendulum when u walk or run around the site, which could bang up the thighs a bit.

I know mine with the head at the top is bad enough when the handle cracks me in the legs from time to time.

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Yea I thought about that too, would be as bad as banging your knee on a Trailer hitch.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Suspenders are old man's close, they look dumb and they are out of style as well, why do you think the belt was invented? The only problem I had with the cheap belts is that when I was working hard, I would break the belt. Quality work belts have two tounges instead of one holding it together, I have one of them, and have had it for years now with no issues. [emoji4]

Suspenders for a big tool belt setup are a huge help at distributing the weight on your body instead of right at the hips, that's why everyone loves the Milwaukee tool belt with suspension rig. It makes a heavy tool belt all that easier to carry around all day, and if I needed one, I would put suspension on my belt no questions asked. But just to hold my pants up, that's when I'll just use my belt, no funny lookin suspenders for me

• Like 3

• 8 months later...
5 hours ago, MikeyB said:

Knarly nice set up. What do you use the palm nailer for? 

I'll either have the palm impact or the impact driver with me, not both at the same time, and actually I may not use either one of them depending on the house and where I'm doing the rough in.

Wait for the slo mo, it's pretty sweet haha:

70430024ba2810e246a210f7474cc3d2.jpg

4e9b25b65fc2914a6f688e6c8c690fe7.jpg

788195c9f019824b2c7db3488bdf265b.jpg

b28393a737d9aef62edabe7750c05a3e.jpg

I usually keep the bag empty and throw it in a bucket. I use this setup for rough framing and general carpentry. As I need tools I'll throw them on my waist but I like to stay light and not carry extra stuff.

The leather hammer loop works well with that Vaughn California Framer but my Stiletto has a slightly larger base, so it doesn't fit in there well.

The Empire Speed Square is not as good as my old Swanson. It's a bit more slippery and it's fallen out of the speed square slit a few times while climbing up scaffolds. Also tends to slide on lumber if using it as a crosscut guide. Stick with a Swanson or similar type speed square.

If you use an older worm drive saw, carry a 9/16" - 1/2" combo open end wrench to change blades, oil plug and tighten the bevel/height adjust nuts. Newer saws come with a built in tool for that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 11/24/2016 at 5:15 PM, KnarlyCarl said:

I'll either have the palm impact or the impact driver with me, not both at the same time, and actually I may not use either one of them depending on the house and where I'm doing the rough in.

Wait for the slo mo, it's pretty sweet haha:

is that a battery powered hammer?