Howdy, y'all.

Drum

Hello, all. Glad I found this place. Thanks for having me.

Painter by trade and DIYer in everything else except foundation work, rough-in plumbing, and heavy construction.

Favorite place to work is outside: exterior painting and light construction, lawn care, fencing, power-washing, car care, etc.

Building science matters a lot to me. I'm a huge fan of Matt Risinger et al. "Build it tight; drain it right" — or something to that effect. lol

Not a tool "fanboy." I own at least one tool from all the bigs, though I have more Ryobi and Hitachi than any other, simply for the "cost/value proposition."

I guess that about covers it. Thanks again, TIA. Great site. Howdy from DFW.

• Like 3

Hey man welcome to the forums. That's alright if you're not big into tools. We love seeing different trades and would love to know about yours too, feel free to post all about what you do!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks, fellas. Carl, I loves me some toolz and have pretty strong opinions on 'em at times. My faves are my 3" Purdy Pip, Milwaukee utility knife, Hitachi 15-ga nailer, 18v Ryobi recip saw. The thing is, if I chose a favorite brand, I'd change my mind from one tool category to the next because my prime criterion is cost/value. (I don't do a lot of work that requires long-term, heavy-duty, abusive use. When I do, I just rent a Hilti etc.) I do, however, like the look of the red/blacks, silver/greens, and cobalt blues, but that's about as far as my tool brand favoritism goes. That said, if I were in a position to accept an endorsement deal... well, I might have one of those convenient, "sudden change of outlook" moments. lol Hey, we're only humans.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Well since you do fences, would you mind giving any insight into my install at my house and anything i should have done differently, have you heard of the company, etc?

See here for the post

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Nice! I don't do metal fences and not sure if I've heard of that company, but I've installed porch columns similar to the ones they sell. Super durable stuff. You guys up north have frost line issues; but, seeing that you dug 3' deep for a 3' fence, I'd guess you're well-covered there. Overall, it looks like a bang up job. I should take tips from you!

• Like 1