Georgia work boots.

Stercorarius

Has any one else had experience with them? They have been complete garbage for me so far. I bought my first pair for $100 in the early winter after my $35 Coleman's finally wore out. It was my first pair of boots ever to run more than $40 as it seemed ridiculous to me to pay good money for something you just stand on all day. I finally invested because I had a break in my foot that never healed quite right that had been acting up in the cold. The first pair I bought lasted three hours before the riveted hooks that hold the laces snapped off the second time I put them on. I tool them back and exchanged them for a new pair and kept the receipts. These see fairly light use as I spend more time with my $18 PVC irrigation boots on when I'm mucking around. These aren't used in any sort of extreme environment either. This second pair has lasted only a few months and are already in terrible shape. I haven't oiled them as well as I should have and that would probably explain why they lost their waterproofing today. The laces are shot though. The treads are almost completely bald. The hooks are almost worn off and the interior fabric is already tearing apart. They are nice boots for the second month, but not anything before or after that. Is just this a fluke? Should I return or exchange them? Or should I just call it a loss? What boots should I get instead. I'm really disappointed that these $100 boots last less time than my $18 servus PVC irrigation boots that last an average of 11 months before they are worn smooth and leak.98ec9d4f0b14686ca95e29462f68e9b4.jpgd08edeff3097fbbc8b6ec785678a2552.jpg2146d85090fd80e38dff0af9dcf39917.jpg1c0bfb7cdae42b9eaf241e5d6aeda03d.jpg

My dad wears tennis shoes to work (construction) and that's what I always did untill I got hired on with an agriculture outfit and the environment I work in doesn't allow for anything but waterproof boots. People have always recommended Georgia's to me. This is Georgia's cheapest boot but it still is $100 and so I would expect it to at least last 8 months, not half that. I'm going to look into some redwings next. I also have heard good things about timberlands. My brother really likes his Irish setter boots (made by redwing) but he doesn't exactly abuse them when delivering pizza.

I only wear Danner,Redwings or Keens nowadays. Have heard good things about Timberland PRO. My issue is i have long skinny feet 15 B width. 

Wow that's an interesting combination!

I'm a redwing guy. They have been the most comfortable work boots I've worn in my life. They last about two years, but they run about $200

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I like wolverine but my latest buy I got 3 pair timberlands pro twisted X and Justin all are good I put my boots through h3ll I use mink oil regularly they get a constant dowsing of diesel fuel and emulsion oil regularly and driveway sealer too asphalt and concrete are not good with leather and I use steel toes too I wear a13EE so it's a lil difficult to find my size I like to trade em out regularly too so as not to put too much wear on one pair well that's my 25¢ worth if it helps

Sent from a fan of tools with assistance from Siri

• Like 1

Redwing will oil your Redwing boots for free, just walk in their store and they will do it while you wait. Also free lace replacement for as long as you own your shoes. I've got a pair of Irish setter shoes about 4 years old and on my third set of laces.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I work RedWing loggers for about 5 years and then switched to Carolina loggers for about half the price. They seem to last just as long for me (between 1 and 2 years) and are far more comfortable. I just bought another pair of redwings to try again in January and after about a month of daily use I went back to my Carolinas. I'm sure a lot of it is personal preference and what you do in yours but that's my 2 cents.

• Like 1