New Metabo 12v max reciprocating saw now with 4ah batteries.

wayneburgess

As promised news from Metabo Now 4ah on 12v max and a few other surprises.

THE WORLD'S FIRST 10.8 V CORDLESS RECIPROCATING SAW WITH 4.0 AH BATTERY PACK AND ULTRA-M TECHNOLOGY.

We present the only cordless reciprocating saw with tool-free adjustable depth of their class attack and "Quick" saw blade change for saber and reciprocating saw blades. So when you cut any material best - even if it closely. Whether wood, plaster, pipes or insulation.

ENDLESS POWER

The first power tool manufacturer Metabo offers the 4.0 Ah battery technology for the 10.8 V range. This ensures a clear increase in endurance - as with any battery you can work 33% longer!

QUICK SYSTEM FOR SWORD AND JIGSAW BLADES

METABO SAWS FASTER

COMPARATIVE TECHNICAL CHARACTERISTICS POWERMAXX ASE

Order no. in MetaLoc (4.0 Ah) 6.02264.75 Voltage battery pack 10.8 V Saw blade 13 mm Strokes at no load 0-3.100/min Weight (with 1.5 Ah / 4.0 Ah battery pack) 1.2 kg / 1.4 kg

When you are in a tight situation and you need to make a cut the smaller saws are very very handy.

A lot of jobs now can be done using only 12v because they have all got so much better and these having 4ah batteries takes them to another level.

Don't be too surprised if the new Milwaukee kit doesn't bear a striking resemblance to these. ;):D

I did a little research on this and it appears we may both be right. The Milwaukee was released first in the United States. I can't find the information I need to determine for sure when the Milwaukee was released in the UK, but I know that the Bosch was released in the UK before it was released in the states so it's plausible that the Bosch was released before the Milwaukee in the UK. However, even an earlier Bosch release in the UK would have came after the Milwaukee release in the states.

• 1 month later...

As an update on this tool folks.

As with quite a few Metabo products,I can see it on the Metabo website,I can watch it on You tube, but if I wanted to buy one with the 4ah or 3 ah batteries I can't.

I can buy it bare tool.

I can buy it with two 1.5ah batteries ( not cool for a saw which will need the extra power and run time).

But I can't buy the version with two 3ah batteries as this is not available in the U.K and I can't buy the version with two of the 4ah batteries either for the same reason.

I can however buy the 4ah batteries as a single item,and the saw as a bare tool.

This ends up costing a bloomin fortune so for now I am sorry Metabo I will be giving it a miss.

World class tools but marketing and product availability are woeful.

Metabo really need to pull up they're socks up as far as marketing is concerned,great tools,but the school report from me says "Must do better". :angry:

As an update on this tool folks.

As with quite a few Metabo products,I can see it on the Metabo website,I can watch it on You tube, but if I wanted to buy one with the 4ah or 3 ah batteries I can't.

I can buy it bare tool.

I can buy it with two 1.5ah batteries ( not cool for a saw which will need the extra power and run time).

But I can't buy the version with two 3ah batteries as this is not available in the U.K and I can't buy the version with two of the 4ah batteries either for the same reason.

I can however buy the 4ah batteries as a single item,and the saw as a bare tool.

This ends up costing a bloomin fortune so for now I am sorry Metabo I will be giving it a miss.

World class tools but marketing and product availability are woeful.

Metabo really need to pull up they're socks up as far as marketing is concerned,great tools,but the school report from me says "Must do better". :angry:

Not much better over here on this side of the pond, as for availability of any Metabo tools.

• 4 months later...

We are half the planet closer to Metabo yet we too struggle to get a lot of new stuff.

Marketing is just crap they could make millions if they were as good at marketing and distribution as they are at making great tools.

It's as if they only want to sell to Germans.  LOL  :)