Hello from Down Under

marsh942

Hello all! I've posted a couple of times on here but I thought I'd write a proper post and introduce myself! I'm Steve, moved to Melbourne, Australia from sunny Scotland just over a year ago as a permanent resident. I'm a 25 year old fully quailified carpenter and joiner. I currently work for a modular home company, we construct everything in our factory in Melbourne in 12-14 weeks then the buildings get transported all over Australia! We do extensions, residential homes, hospitals, schools - anything really. I currently work on the post-completion side of things, dealing with problems and mistakes really. I've been given a Ford Transit as a work vehicle and I'm on the road most days! I love the forum and all you guys' reviews/feedback etc! Keeping up to date with all the new cordless tools that come out through this forum and YouTube, is (in my opinion) crucial to what I do because of having to be mobile and working in remote locations from time -to-time! It's a bit of an obsession actually! I've added quite a bit to the Makita 18v stuff you see here ( 3 x 6.0ah, 3 x 5.0ah, 3 x 4.0 ah batteries, 2 x dual charger, brushless recip saw, 18v sander + everything you see in the pics!)

Rambling a bit but I thought I'd say hello and thanks to everyone for making this forum so ggreat!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Well then, a proper welcome to you! Nice to hear about you a bit.

I've been given a long tall Sprinter van as a work vehicle, it's pretty nice as a plumbing service and install vehicle.

I think I speak for the crew when i say it's a bit of an obsession here as well!

Plus, members like yourself are what has helped this forum be so great as you so graciously put it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 2