Just saw this PC Combo

ChrisK

So apparently this is their new "linked system" popping up in Lowes. I have to admit, PC 20v is a great lineup and it looks that they may be expanding it for the DIY/ Homeowner and the cost conscious contractors out there. Hard to compete with Ryobi but looks like PC may be trying a little bit harder plus with the post that Stuart put up about the new PC tool box good for them!

I have to admit, I saw the BT on the box and I think it was the radio is BT compatible. Kind of sad....:( Thought they may be incorporating the Dewalt technology which hopefully will continue to expand but alas....me thinks me wrong.

http://portercablemediakit.com/pneumatics/porter-cable-expands-20-volt-max-linked-system-with-six-new-cordless-tools/

http://toolguyd.com/porter-cable-ball-bearing-tool-storage-combo/

And while I'm responding to my own post it appears if you look at the specs of the new "linked system" combo kit the kit includes a dumbed down drill and a dumbed down circular saw with a regular recip and light plus the batteries. So it'd appear if your going to invest in the line, maybe buy the tools individually so you can get "da juice baby"!

http://www.portercable.com/20Volt

• Like 2

As far as recommendations @DR99 I ain't recommending these over any others, or recommending them at all. I just saw that Bluetooth on the new display and haven't been to Lowes in a while. Seemed like a pretty interesting topic. Bluetooth in Porter Cable???? I haven't seen that before!

I did have the PC impact gun and it is a really nice gun. My Dad has it now and I bought him another battery, the jigsaw and the recip and he uses them at his job (self employed carpenter down in Florida) but his mainstay tools are mostly Ryobi. I only have the Airstrike nailer from Ryobi and you'd be hard pressed to get me to say anything bad about Ryobi. I don't have any more Ryobis but I like the new I have.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DR99 said:

I would have a hard time recommending PC over Ryobi for most people

that's ok I have both and only Ryobi I use is the flashlight and the bag.. I just had bad luck with batteries with them they do have a lot of tools and porter cable has like 10 but working with both the pc feels better and is just nicer quality

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

As far as recommendations @DR99 I ain't recommending these over any others, or recommending them at all. I just saw that Bluetooth on the new display and haven't been to Lowes in a while. Seemed like a pretty interesting topic. Bluetooth in Porter Cable???? I haven't seen that before!

I did have the PC impact gun and it is a really nice gun. My Dad has it now and I bought him another battery, the jigsaw and the recip and he uses them at his job (self employed carpenter down in Florida) but his mainstay tools are mostly Ryobi. I only have the Airstrike nailer from Ryobi and you'd be hard pressed to get me to say anything bad about Ryobi. I don't have any more Ryobis but I like the new I have.

I was just commenting generally I think PC makes better quality tools individually, but the depth of Ryobi is hard to beat.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DR99 said:

I was just commenting generally I think PC makes better quality tools individually, but the depth of Ryobi is hard to beat.

No doubt Jason. Ryobis lineup of tools and areas like landscaping make Ryobi and even B&D the better bargain. Ryobi has one of the largest families of tools available like Makita and clearly I am a fan of Airstrike. I guess the question I have is this? Is Dewalt going to share Bluetooth with Porter Cable and if so, what are they going to share? Also, is this advertisement a misnomer and is PC advertising something with the term "LINKED" that is nothing other than sharing the same battery platform like Ryobi does?

@james mims yeah Jim that why I pointed out the difference in tools in the kit. I hate it when companies offer (Dewalt does this in some cases) a lower end tool in the case. I know it's to save money but it sucks if you want a full featured tool and end buying a kit that uses different materials and less powerful motor.

• Like 1

Yea I think the higher end PC is supposed to have all metal gears and chuck. But like what Chris said that box is misleading, I knew batteries are red I've never seen black ones before so I would have been right there with Chris in the confusion.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChrisK said:

No doubt Jason. Ryobis lineup of tools and areas like landscaping make Ryobi and even B&D the better bargain. Ryobi has one of the largest families of tools available like Makita and clearly I am a fan of Airstrike. I guess the question I have is this? Is Dewalt going to share Bluetooth with Porter Cable and if so, what are they going to share? Also, is this advertisement a misnomer and is PC advertising something with the term "LINKED" that is nothing other than sharing the same battery platform like Ryobi does?

@james mims yeah Jim that why I pointed out the difference in tools in the kit. I hate it when companies offer (Dewalt does this in some cases) a lower end tool in the case. I know it's to save money but it sucks if you want a full featured tool and end buying a kit that uses different materials and less powerful motor.

I think the Linked system is supposed to be like the Milwaukee Redlink stuff just basic tool and battery communication. I did see B&D putting out some bluetooth batteries

• 2 weeks later...

The bluetooth on that box Chris is just for that speaker in that kit is all it means.  Yeah the ones with the black batteries are the junky ones. Personally i like my PC stuff alot. for my needs they are great. 

Cant really stand how Ryobi tools feel in the hand. the PC grip is great very similar to the Dewalt counterpart.

• Like 3