Painstaking process.

RickyMcGrath

Kobalt?

Right again! [emoji6]

I grabbed a few complete sets a few years ago. 25-50¢ a wrench from different stores. Apparently, I had stuffed nearly two complete sets in one drawer and it was a disaster. My dad has a couple sets too.

The only down side is the red and blue stripes seem to be wearing off. I'm afraid of cleaning the wrenches up too much because I don't want to wash of the red/blue.

I guess they are Lifetime Hassle Free so I may be able to get some new prettier ones.

4 minutes ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Right again! emoji6.png

I grabbed a few complete sets a few years ago. 25-50¢ a wrench from different stores. Apparently, I had stuffed nearly two complete sets in one drawer and it was a disaster. My dad has a couple sets too.

The only down side is the red and blue stripes seem to be wearing off. I'm afraid of cleaning the wrenches up too much because I don't want to wash of the red/blue.

I guess they are Lifetime Hassle Free so I may be able to get some new prettier ones.

Just hope the quality is the same, I've always like that about kobalt tools but sucks it wears off

Just now, RickyMcGrath said:

That was my other thought. THEN I'll just do yellow and black stripes.

How would it adhere to chrome?

Im not sure, I've never painted over chrome but maybe test a tool that you don't care about or something chrome, i mean rustoleum should adhere to it because its metal...

1 minute ago, RickyMcGrath said:

Probably have to tape the off, sand blast a line then paint. May have to try some different things out.

that could work too, lot of work though, but what is the finish like under the striping they put on it

I have a set of metric and a set of standard 1/4-drive sockets on socket rails in my tool bag at work, got sick of grabbing the wrong set so I used auto touch-up paint and colored the engraved line on the metrics. Wiped off the excess and now there's a line on the metrics so I can tell at a glance what set I'm grabbing.

Do the same with your wrenches, just put the paint in the size markings or in the name on the wrench, wipe it off with a cloth, and the paint should stay in the markings. Use durable paint and you won't have any problems with it fading or getting rubbed off

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kato said:

Anything will work, just put the paint where you want it, then wipe a cloth over it so the only paint left is in the recesses.

Great tip should go in the tip thread so all theses tips are in one place.

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/power-tool-forum/index.php?/topic/7433-comp56s-daily-handy-tips/

• Like 1