Service cart reccomendations.

NicholasShetley

I'm looking at getting a new service cart to keep my most used tools in. I'm currently looking at getting the 5 drawer red Harbor freight cart or possibly the Napa cart that stercorarius bought recently. If anyone else has any other reccomendations I would be glad to know what they are. All of the tool truck ones are ridiculously high so they are out of the question. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Hf cart http://m.harborfreight.com/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Napa cart http://realdeals.napaecatalog.com/app.php?RelId=6.2.3.11 page 44 in the bottom left.

On April 26, 2016 at 9:02 PM, BMack37 said:

I was looking at them myself and the HF seemed to be the best deal by far. I haven't even seen any used carts on CL that can beat that value.

Agree bro the HF red one looks like the best deal for your money Nicholas I've checked it out a couple times at my HF and they feel pretty solid dude and the size is pretty good.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

What's your commission? LOL

It was pretty decent untill they used a 25% off coupon on my commission on top of it being a parking lot sale. So about 5 cents to the thousand dollars. Errrrrrrr I mean I don't care to say nything about tools, all I care about is sharing this coupon with people. I stocked my whole garage and shop at work using it. WWW.apextoolgroup.com I have an insider %50 off code for any of you that want a simple trick that a local man discovered to double your tape measures vertical length in a matter of days that has major manufacturers furious. Click now to claim your free iPad. Free shipping box with purchase*. *shi0ing costs not included. 

On 4/26/2016 at 9:23 PM, NicholasShetley said:

I'm looking at getting a new service cart to keep my most used tools in. I'm currently looking at getting the 5 drawer red Harbor freight cart or possibly the Napa cart that stercorarius bought recently. If anyone else has any other reccomendations I would be glad to know what they are. All of the tool truck ones are ridiculously high so they are out of the question. Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Hf cart http://m.harborfreight.com/five-drawer-service-cart-95272.html?utm_referrer=direct%2Fnot%20provided

Napa cart http://realdeals.napaecatalog.com/app.php?RelId=6.2.3.11 page 44 in the bottom left.

I'm just glad you are in the right mind and don't buy into the SnapOn or similar brand loyalty and pay a "leg and a dick" as @Hugh Jass put it, for your boxes... Smart man.

• Like 1

Just now, KnarlyCarl said:

I'm just glad you are in the right mind and don't buy into the SnapOn or similar brand loyalty and pay a "leg and a dick" as @Hugh Jass put it, for your boxes... Smart man.

I've seen them. They aren't worth the premium to me. 

4 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Ha ya Jimbo too!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Jimbo's paying his royalty rights though...still waiting for your check, sir. 

As for the cart, at that price point it's pretty much a no brainer. It wouldn't work for me as the terrain I roll on would make that thing sound like a high school garage band were rolling by. It would be worthy of an upgrade to soft, bearing wheels. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Jimbo's paying his royalty rights though...still waiting for your check, sir. 

As for the cart, at that price point it's pretty much a no brainer. It wouldn't work for me as the terrain I roll on would make that thing sound like a high school garage band were rolling by. It would be worthy of an upgrade to soft, bearing wheels. 

What do you work in? Packed dirt?

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

If you have a Menards around I would look into there new one from Masterforce. With the 11% sales they have often it doesnt make it to bad.  http://www.menards.com/main/tools-hardware/tool-storage/tool-chests-boxes/masterforce-reg-36-8-drawer-tool-command-center/p-1444451668139.htm

Not sure how i like the looks of that, I like the other ones they got with he way the drawers open, those are great boxes.

We don't have a Menards yet but one will be open in the fall though. They said it will be 167,000 square feet. I got on at a local dealer so I might get one fairly soon. I am leaning towards the Napa one since the nearest harbor freight is over an hour away.

6 minutes ago, NicholasShetley said:

We don't have a Menards yet but one will be open in the fall though. They said it will be 167,000 square feet. I got on at a local dealer so I might get one fairly soon. I am leaning towards the Napa one since the nearest harbor freight is over an hour away.

Do it. You'll probably want to get different drawer liners though. Also it was a pain to assemble by myself, I would recommend having a buddy there to help you.

• Like 1

Not sure how i like the looks of that, I like the other ones they got with he way the drawers open, those are great boxes.

What's different about the drawers? I like the side storage built in for pry bars and other things (from what I can tell)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

Do it. You'll probably want to get different drawer liners though. Also it was a pain to assemble by myself, I would recommend having a buddy there to help you.

Can you post some pictures of what the top section looks like. Are there holes for pry bars and such? What are the dimensions for the drawers.

1 minute ago, rrich1 said:

What's different about the drawers? I like the side storage built in for pry bars and other things (from what I can tell)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Didn't notice the sides open up, that is pretty cool. Just looked the box has the same type of drawers as the other one, the handle lifts to unlatch the drawer to keep them from sliding open.

4 minutes ago, NicholasShetley said:

Can you post some pictures of what the top section looks like. Are there holes for pry bars and such? What are the dimensions for the drawers.

Yeah sure thing. I'll snap a few pics and run a tape across it for you when I go back to work tomorrow. It does have holes in it for pry bars on both sides. They are nice because I can set all my misc. breaker bars in them.

Even though I picked up that Matco cart, I am still thinking of picking up the HF. I was in HF yesterday and the quality seems on par but it's significantly cheaper for more. I might just resell the Matco and use the money towards the HF, wish they had them in black though :(