What could this be for

george frontino

Why are you adding 2' to the lower level?  Just curious.  Seems like a lot of work for an additional 80 sq. ft.  That was the old way of adding sq. ft. to a house without adding it to the foundation.

Once I had a house that added 8" extra to the second floor.  Didn't make sense to me.

Looks like you are off to a great start.  Foundation and material.  A day or two and nobody will know it wasn't like that from the beginning.

On 4/28/2016 at 8:01 AM, builditguy said:

Why are you adding 2' to the lower level?  Just curious.  Seems like a lot of work for an additional 80 sq. ft.  That was the old way of adding sq. ft. to a house without adding it to the foundation.

Once I had a house that added 8" extra to the second floor.  Didn't make sense to me.

Looks like you are off to a great start.  Foundation and material.  A day or two and nobody will know it wasn't like that from the beginning.

We poured the foundation and framed the wall to gain 22 inches which helped expand inside.

• Like 1