Ok, so what does Dewalt have up their sleeve ?

Framer joe

12ah ... 👍🏼

4 port rapid charger 👍🏼

And ?

10” table saw ? (120v)

9” grinder ?

Gen 3 drills,impacts , wrenches?

power station gen 2 ?

Cordless barrel jiggly ?router ? Sander ?

gen 3 cordless Framer gun ?

10”hybrid mitre saw (60v) ?

super duper ultimate ,orbital ,10 speed ,lightweight, no vibration Sawzall ?

• Like 2

New power station has to be ‘up there’. I’d be all over a current-planer-sized brushless belt-sander. 

Will we ever see a 5” ROS like Makita’s?

My other immediate wish-lists (T50 stapler, inflator, glue-gun) would move Dewalt to Ryobi territory and I don’t see that happening. 

If we’re talking la-la-land dreaming, how about a Bosch-beating Electric Bike, not one of those drill-powered units. ;D

Tern-Vektron-Bosch-Folding-Electric-Bike

120v shop vacs with dust extraction connection for tools (either tool connect or Bluetooth or something we haven’t seen yet). Preferably a dual filter weigh self cleaning function?

60v small hepa vac similar to the current one but with much more suction?

120v 30-40” box fan? 

The full 9” concrete/demo saw that was promised?

120v Backpack vac similar to the 40v backpack blower?

20 or 60v Flooring stapler that can handle 3/4” flooring?

120v roto router with camera head? (Hey if we are wishing why not!)

120v riding lawnmower? (12ah x2 has to be getting close!!!)

120v tile saw?

120v tabletop drill press?

120v standup jack hammer?

Fluid transfer pump?

I wish someone would come out with a powered suction cup for lifting... not that it hard to use the manual ones, but it would be much faster for setting large tile to just bump a trigger/button

then my truly out there wishes would be for a 208/220 power station for a welder or floor sander (or just even put those items on 4x60v batteries or make them work on 120/60). There are SO many times we don’t have 220v and our life would SO much easier with it... I’m tired of paying electricians an extra to run me one temp outlet!!!!!

I think it would be great if they can figure out a way to include integral charging from a secondary cord for the 120v tools. Battery powered, battery running low? Plug in the cord into the second hole and bang! You’re working on cord power and simultaneously charging the batteries already on the unit

• Like 2

Flexvolt dust collector

Flexvot drywall sander

20v mixer (the flexvolt one is too big and expensive for what I need)

20v tube cutter

cordless handheld wet/dry tile cutter that can ride on the Dewalt rails

cordless router

more light options

• Like 3

@dilloncorr A tile saw has a chance considering Porter Cable is coming out with a cordless one if it isn't already out yet.

I would like to see a "Rotex Style" sander on the flex or 20v platform. Dual mode and everything. Rumor has it that DeWALT is going to finally update 12v stuff to brushless. I don''t know if they will add anything more than what they already had but it would be neat to see some more additions to the line besides lasers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeDewalt said:

60v Winch 

120v Auger

120v Drum Mortar/Concrete Mixing Machine

Cordless Coil Nailers?

Winch is a GREAT idea. Add a chain fall style lift for use with standard chains. For sure. Maybe a duct hoist, even if it needs biiiiig batteries

voltage may not be everything but higher voltage has the potential to perform better during high draw load?

Voltage and current are directly proportional and current is inversely proportional to the load. Higher voltage = lower current, lower voltage = higher current.

Having more "electrical pressure" reduces current requirement , which means less potential heat and smaller wire gauge etc.

If they address heat issues etc, there is no reason these tools won't be competitive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HiltiWpg said:

Voltage and current are directly proportional and current is inversely proportional to the load. Higher voltage = lower current, lower voltage = higher current.

Having more "electrical pressure" reduces current requirement , which means less potential heat and smaller wire gauge etc.

If they address heat issues etc, there is no reason these tools won't be competitive.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Heat is far from being the main issue here. Yes you have to deal with it but above all heat is a byproduct of power lost to resistance and that's what you have to take care of. Each time some current go through a resistance, some energy is taken from the battery to produce heat instead of useful work. This results in batteries that are draining faster so you really want to minimize these losts.

Now, with a 18v source instead of a 54v one, you need three times the current. But the higher the current, the higher the power loss through the resistance. So what it's mean is that now you need to be really careful when you design your circuit. You have to make sure to select components with a low resistance, otherwise your battery will be depleted much more quickly than the 54v tool. It can be done obviously but I wonder if it will cost more.

@kornomaniac...

.well I love the M12 stubby wrench ..I’ll take one...M12 rocket light...I’ll take two....since  I’m heavily in the M12line.......I know you guys do your math thing and watt hr stuff and this and that....I run Framing companies....I can say with facts, that the Flexvolt 575 to this day is unmatched by any cordless circ saw in power or ability to perform any job. 

Not even close.....For “worm drive” the 577 is equally unmatched by any cordless saw today. The makita “worm drive” is a good saw and closer then any other brands. I use it a lot ...but for serious ripping, nothing touches the 577..

We will see what the new Milwaukee HD circ  saw does with a HO 12ah on it , when compared to the 575 with Dewalts 12ah(4ah) on , not the 6ah they used for demonstrating...also it still won’t touch the 577...

These theories that 162wh is 162wh doesn’t matter voltage...is arm chair quarterbacking...in the real world the existing Milwaukee 7 1/4” circ Saw with a 9ah on it ...Can Not Rip Framing stock without bogging down or overheating, period...fact.....but ....the existing Dewalt 575 can, no problem....it doesn’t matter 162ah stuff...it Can’t do it .....now maybe through science and engineering the New Milwaukee HD circ saw with the HO 12ah can do it....but the old one Won’t...

So your still buying a new tool HD platform and a new HO batteries to accomplish what Dewalt Flexvolt currently does.....its the same exact thing Dewalt did....new platform of high power tools and new batteries to power them....spin it any way you want .......it’s the same thing...

I’m not anti Milwaukee, they have great tools, some of the best...mechanics, lights, plumbing,hvac, very innovative tools...I love M12...they struggle with construction tools because it’s new to them, understandable....but the hype and bogus competitions they do are BS....the “one tool,one battery platform is a lie, technically true ,but not in reality...it’s a new line of tools requiring a new line of batteries to run them properly......just like Dewalt did, that’s all

I’m not anti Makita, they have a great line of tools,vast...some of the best Impacts on the market, impact wrench,no...decent circ saws and very good rear handle saw...I kinda like the new AVT sawzall....I don’t like the batteries and compatibility issues,  excellent chargers though.but damn they try hard to be innovative quickly...

Chris k got me into Festool, love those tools, my vacs,sanders...

I bought into Dewalt first for corded mitre saws, table saws, circ saws for years , they really are top notch and widely used, then the 20v (18v) line of tools, then Flexvolt, framers require tools with More POWA....I love Flexvolt, the tablesaw is awesome, the saws are awesome..great grinder, the compressor works great, the hybrid mitresaw, the best....I’m sure more tools are coming.....Flexvolt is perfect for construction......

I get most guys on here don’t need that power or use it 10hrs a day...everyday. I get brand loyalty and compatibility. Flexvolt is a business decision, not “fan boy” it saves companies time and most importantly, money...

We all win with these companies battling it out.. ...one year this tool is on top, next year it’s a different tool, it’s all good. All I want is to make as much money as humanly possible in the shortest amount of time as possible, who ever can do that for my company is the winner......unless I win the lottery, I’ll buy all of you a new tool of choice...as long as it’s Dewalt, ....lol jk 🙃

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Framer joe said:

unless I win the lottery, I’ll buy all of you a new tool of choice...as long as it’s Dewalt, ....lol jk 🙃

It don't matter which DeWALT tool you get me... as long as it runs Festool batteries. Haha

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 10:52 PM, Framer joe said:

We all win with these companies battling it out.. ...one year this tool is on top, next year it’s a different tool, it’s all good.

This is something that I think we sometimes forget, especially when we are hyped up on recent releases by our favorite tool brands.  FlexVolt was released what, two years ago?  Prior to that, I recall a lot of complaints about how much DeWalt needed to catch up to Milwaukee.  Since then, 12v Max seems all but dead but more recently I've heard more gripes about how far behind Milwaukee when it comes to 18v+ systems.  I own both Milwaukee and DeWalt, and as more of a hobbyist/DIY'er, I'm generally a generation or more behind.  For example, I bought the Fuel circular saw and Sawzall last year, both of which are now considered "old" designs by today's standards.  

This is good...professionals such as Joe can take advantage of newer technology while maintaining those "old" tools that are still unmatched.  Amateurs such as me can look at all the newest tech and consider what we might purchase once prices come down or special buy packages are offered.  Everyone wins in the long run, as companies compete for the "most powerful", "fastest", "most compact", "lightest", most torque", insert your own descriptor here.  Meanwhile, those same companies are releasing new tools previously only offered in red, yellow, teal, or another color.  DeWalt's had a cordless table saw for some time now...Milwaukee just released one.  Time will tell which voltage is optimal for prolonged performance.  

The Milwaukee show is naturally going to cater to the strengths of Milwaukee's tools.  One glance at the chainsaw video shows the Stihl has a worn bar with a less aggressive and probably dull chain while the Milwaukee is brand new.  I'm sure DeWalt would show their FlexVolt saw handily beating the Milwaukee in a similar match.  It will take objective tests and reviews to determine the true "winner" in the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

For example, I bought the Fuel circular saw and Sawzall last year, both of which are now considered "old" designs by today's standards.  

The 2720 and 2730 are old enough to be going to start elementary school. The 2731 is a year behind it, ready to start kindergarten. They were considered old by last year’s standards lol. I get where you’re coming from. The past two years from Dewalt have been explosive, and I wouldn’t have dreamed of spending a dime on yellow tools prior to that. The past two years have seen red fall out of favour (outside of M12) in my eyes. This year’s NPS might see me crunching some numbers to see how much I can recoup on my hackzall and Sawzall to upgrade to M18 hackzall and super Sawzall. Manufacturers have peaks and valleys. The red table saw deals w 2 12.0s has me briefly consider swapping my yellow one out but realistically that’s financially irresponsible when I have a pile of yellow 9.0s and a perfectly good saw that’s practically identical. The hackzall and super Sawzall I can make more of a case for personally. The stubby impacts on the other hand...want want want. Dewalt needs more than refreshed 12v Max to get money from me; I’m too far into M12 for that. 

• Like 3