New rafter hook?

builditguy

The 570 was arguably one of the best 18v circular saws on the market until the gen 2 fuel. It was never as good as the 575. The new gen 2 cuts faster than the 575 which is impressive. I wonder if it can cut faster than the Makita rear handle or the 577. Those 2 saw can beat a mag 77.

3 hours ago, Jronman said:

The 570 was arguably one of the best 18v circular saws on the market until the gen 2 fuel. It was never as good as the 575. The new gen 2 cuts faster than the 575 which is impressive.

That remains to be seen when they have matching batteries. 

Well I went ahead and ordered a 570 but I was watching a youtube video review and a guy said he thinks his has killed some 5 amp hour batteries and thinks you shouldn't run anything under a 6.0.  Has anyone else had an issue with the saw killing batteries or did this guy just have some bad luck.

Well I went ahead and ordered a 570 but I was watching a youtube video review and a guy said he thinks his has killed some 5 amp hour batteries and thinks you shouldn't run anything under a 6.0.  Has anyone else had an issue with the saw killing batteries or did this guy just have some bad luck.
I usually use 5 or 6.0 batteries and have used 3.0 before without any problems

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

That's kind of what I figured.  I'm at a point with batteries where if I feel a power loss and the batteries at 1 bar I typically just change it versus trying to get that last bit of runtime out of the battery.  Its just not worth killing a battery especially if i know ill need a new battery anyhow.  That and I wont push this saw like a carpenter would.

Sounds like today at work. The one guy had all his batteries depleted and needing of a charge then another guy brought his 2 batteries to use then those needed recharging. The only other guy who brought batteries to work had his 2 blocks away. 

You guys can buy anything you like.
I posted a very honest account of what I experienced.
Today I was ripping 16’ treated boards with my 6 1/2”. It did the job. As I was ripping them, I was thinking how the 7 1/4” would have never even compared.

I’ll go with the flexvolt.

If it works for you, great. Not for us.
My brother in law thinks the saw is great. He is extremely happy.

Maybe we did get a bad one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/11/2018 at 6:19 PM, Framer joe said:

That saw 570 is  fine for diy or cross cuts, the 575 is equal to the Makita rear handle and is  all anyone needs it will rip no problem....if your a framer or ripping a lot of ply or lvl...577 can't be beat by anything....

I’ve read a lot of comments online about the 577 being more difficult to make a straight rip with than the Makita rear handle because of the weight distribution/bulk. Any thoughts on that? Apparently replacing the stock blade with one thicker than a leaf of paper helps but doesn’t completely solve the issue. Sitting on the fence waiting for a breeze to push me to yellow or teal lol. 

• Like 1

@Bremon....trust me there is no issue cutting..straight..bevels..ripping...or weight...again this is a serious saw,made for serious use, designed for framing everyday....Coming from a guy who hates left blade saws. .i use the makita rear handle everyday and this 577...really is no competition...the 577 is unmatched in any category.

I would say it’s strength is power and straight long cuts, I seek it out to cut rafters and stair stringers....the rest of the time the 575 is in my hands...love that saw...

I will buy and try the new Milwaukee when it’s out , just to see the hype...

i use diablo tracking point blades only..best damn blades for cordless saws,thanks to you...

• Thanks 1

Whoa.....is that model number? Dcs570b?? I neet 4 please. Dewalt store us 2 miles away. Will call 1st thing.

Just got the 20v 7 1/4” circular saw.
It has a rafter hook. I didn’t know they came with one.
Dcs570b9953330b2123f8600cd60a44a20f72db.jpg

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

You guys can buy anything you like.
I posted a very honest account of what I experienced.
Today I was ripping 16’ treated boards with my 6 1/2”. It did the job. As I was ripping them, I was thinking how the 7 1/4” would have never even compared.

I’ll go with the flexvolt.

If it works for you, great. Not for us.
My brother in law thinks the saw is great. He is extremely happy.

Maybe we did get a bad one.

Out of curiosity what kind of batteries were you using

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mostly we have 5ah batteries.  About 10 in each truck.  They have always done fine in the 6 1/2" 20v Dewalt.  I can't say exactly which battery we were using, but I'm sure it was a 5ah.  I used it myself. I would have noticed if it were a 6ah.  They are noticeably bigger.Ther 

The saw just didn't have as much power as the 6 1/2 , 20v DeWalts.  

I've seen that others have no issue.  That is good for them.

Interestingly, I was looking for a new flexvolt 7 1/4" and started reading reviews, on Amazon.  Apparently I'm not the only one that experience this.

• 2 weeks later...
Mostly we have 5ah batteries.  About 10 in each truck.  They have always done fine in the 6 1/2" 20v Dewalt.  I can't say exactly which battery we were using, but I'm sure it was a 5ah.  I used it myself. I would have noticed if it were a 6ah.  They are noticeably bigger.Ther 

The saw just didn't have as much power as the 6 1/2 , 20v DeWalts.  

I've seen that others have no issue.  That is good for them.

Interestingly, I was looking for a new flexvolt 7 1/4" and started reading reviews, on Amazon.  Apparently I'm not the only one that experience this.
The flex volt Lefty 7 1/4 is what I have. Total beast. I'll average 160 xross cuts on 2*10/12 pt. That's with the 9.0amp. charge it over lunch and back to work. In the event I kill off battery early I'll drop in 6amp. I have about 7or 8 and can get an easy 100 xrosscuts with it. I haven't used my mag in months. No more tripping breaker's cords and so on. After framing phase is done I pull out the 6 1/2"ers. Precut/breakdown/rough cut decking. And Small nailers if overlooked. I use with 6 amp batteries and new 24t Diablo and im good all day.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk