What tools did you buy today?

JimboS1ice

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I had to double take, I just did a kitchen last year that is shockingly similar to that one. 

Ok but did you get $50k....... I mean seriously $50k for a kitchen!!! Granted he did crown molding in 50% of the place...... But $50k!!!!!!

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 6:49 PM, Cr8ondt said:

In honor of #toughinthesouth day.... Err because I just collected a hell of a payday or maybe it's just a decent deal for a receip saw I wanted....

Lowe's is giving a free 6ah battery with certain XR tools so I added em to the cart, found a  $20 off promo code set for store pickup(didn't checkout) and went to customer service, asked if they would honor my coupon code and let me just pay cash in store.... Well no battery in stock so the store manager who just happened to be standing nearby says "tell ya what, I'll knock the $139 off the 2 pack if you want" 

And they are matching Menards 11% rebate to boot!

IMG_20170818_193328.jpg

IMG_20170818_193359.jpg

That is an great deal.  I bought this saw a few weeks ago at $139.00 and no free battery.  I should have waited.

• Like 1

I detest FedEx. Current shipment in their system was originally listed as for delivery last Friday. Thursday, this was changed to a Monday delivery. Tracking shows that the package was at the local hub early Saturday and listed as loaded for delivery. Today I waited around for it and it's a no show. Check tracking and it is now listed as being held for pick-up. I use the automated customer service link and work through the question/answer process to attempt a complaint and that states it is now scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday.

599c48c790608_IMG_03961.thumb.JPG.4ceb917604da62e44de893aafc8ca585.JPG

Turns out that the box had broken during shipping and they had to pull it off the delivery truck and screw it back together. Fortunately the brake itself is showing no damage. Must have been one hard hit to break a plywood shipping crate.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I was poking around at the Habitat Restore today and found this belt for a couple bucks, it's made by Wally Bags but in a little bit of googling all I could find is Wally Bags of Maryland that makes garment bag.  Anyway it looks very well made and I'm curious what everyone uses to clean up their belts with?

IMG_20170822_154226.jpg

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Cr8ondt said:

I was poking around at the Habitat Restore today and found this belt for a couple bucks, it's made by Wally Bags but in a little bit of googling all I could find is Wally Bags of Maryland that makes garment bag.  Anyway it looks very well made and I'm curious what everyone uses to clean up their belts with?

IMG_20170822_154226.jpg

Habitat for humanity store is whats up!  i love the one by my house, so many great deals.  I lucked out because this is the only one prob within 300 miles that has good deals, ive been to others and they seem so HIGH priced. I scored simpson strong ties that go for 9 bucks at HD  for 50 cents each, and a rubber maid shed that goes for 299 at costco for 25 bucks... sold as is based on them not knowing if all the parts are in the box, i scored and it had every part!

@FlaveNico, yeah mine is normally crazy high priced so I rarely go, but I had a little time to kill so I stopped in.  I'm kinda stoked about the belt I got, it looks a little rough but it's all on the surface, my wife had some hemp oil she suggested I try and it's looking 75% better now. I've been wanting a decent single bag belt for a while, sometimes my full belt rig is just too much, and with this there is just enough space for the essentials.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

IMG_20170822_154226.jpg

After a little more digging it seems Wally Bags and McRose are one in the same, I'm calling this a big score!

I drove to Montgomery, AL this past weekend and scored a few deals.  Fatmax 96" level for $24, various clearance drywall tools, a few Diablo router bits, and another work platform.  I use the platforms as practical, durable, and above all else CHEAP furniture.  A couple act as benches/tables, one is my coffee table, and another provides seating at my Jawhorse mounted kitchen table.

19 hours ago, Cr8ondt said:

IMG_20170822_154226.jpg

If you are looking for something to clean it with you could go the expensive rout and use a Meguiar's product for leather seats or go to Wally world or the Bullseye and get Kiwi saddle soap and conditioning oil.

Here's something I added a couple weeks ago. It's a 1955 MBF model. 3/4 HP, 9" cut. Everything is original. When I get everything situated it'll be a dedicated crosscut saw. 

IMG_8109.JPG.56de8758170cfd539b90ed0d4b0d872d.JPG

$200 bucks on eBay. Went to Columbus, OH to get it. Original plan was to redo it, but it's in such good shape it would be a crime to screw with it too much. 63 years old and still flawless. Needs a new power cord, but beyond that it's excellent. 

• Like 4

Also picked up the Kreg Accu-Cut. I had to remove the blade guard an my Fuel Circ saw to make it work right, but performance wise it was well worth it's price.

IMG_8108.thumb.JPG.adb7a7679fba9d52e84973b8e744a922.JPG

I bought the optional clamps because I was leery of the tacky strips being able to secure it, but I've been wiping them off after each use and so far so good. I definitely think you're going to want to dedicate a saw for use with it, but most of us have multiple circ saws anyway.

• Like 2

Another pick up was the Carter F.A.S.T. bandsaw setup blocks. These things are the bees knees for setting up a bandsaw fence. If you do much resawing or ripping with a bandsaw, you can't beat them. 

IMG_8105.thumb.JPG.1d19a4e2be86af72df3e95bf17791190.JPG

They stick right on the saw too. Really makes accounting for drift a painless process.

IMG_8106.thumb.JPG.b4cb250afd4ab043ee9aa7592f50b21f.JPG

IMG_8107.thumb.JPG.889909ce0636d7830f31a215015a2456.JPG

• Like 2

Upgraded my planer stand recently too. The planer was my dad's and had a rudimentary table he cobbled together with scrap wood. It was almost impossible to move. So, I put a new set of blades and a dedicated planer stand on it. It's not nearly as big a pain in the ass to use now.

IMG_8162.thumb.JPG.c00c377a663dfca5103ff8c04a5a9a98.JPG

• Like 2

The final noteworthy addition was the Rockler Drill Press Fence. I was really torn on what to do for a fence. My Jet JDP-17 already has the oversized woodworking table. That, combined with the fact that I do also drill metal, made me somewhat reluctant to go with a typical laminate woodworking table, and there weren't a whole lot of good fence only options.

The Rockler fence ended up working out great, though I did have to drill holes to match up with the T-Slots. I'm also glad I spent the extra $14 for the long handles. 

IMG_8158.thumb.JPG.f0c738abfbff81595621d173351df4fd.JPG

IMG_8159.thumb.JPG.0241f02cb29b906a00bc1c8fb8a82a41.JPG

IMG_8161.thumb.JPG.ed588830b3da7c0bde15dea8da109862.JPG

• Like 3

18650 powered lantern with IP64 rating, max 350 lumens, magnetic base, USB chargeable, 3 white modes and 2 red light modes (to keep the bugs away). 

Only $13 AUD on ebay delivered from China!

I've also ordered a slightly bigger version that can use either a 18650 or 26650, has 400 lumens and a compass on top. It also has an extra USB out port to charge phones etc. Only $15 AUD! 

These are so cheap I will start modding them. A caribiner clip and some magnets on the sides for starters, and perhaps a cover so I can have 180 degree lighting when preferred.

I actually sold my Bosch 12V DeciLED to get these lanterns. That light was amazing but too bright.

I was also considering getting into Milwaukee for their lighting options but I'm finding far cheaper options on ebay. I think the M12 lantern is $70 AUD alone.  

IMG_20170824_113501.jpg

IMG_20170824_113421.jpg

IMG_20170824_113443.jpg

IMG_20170824_113548.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BMack37 said:

Your "little shit" purchases are bigger than my big purchases haha.

Have you been talking to my wife? She says the exact same shit 😂

Picked up all this shit too.....

My clamp selection was terrible. It consisted mostly of old HF and Chinese Columbian F clamps passed down from my dad. I still plan to pick up some 24" quick clamps, but I'm a lot better off than I was.

IMG_8163.thumb.JPG.e37794eeaccf3d2c02a25a3544c6e05f.JPG

IMG_8164.thumb.JPG.39431ec5fa5f64ed0a5d73894b98c0b9.JPG

Got the SignPro kit for a specific project that's still a couple weeks away from coming to pass, so I haven't actually used it yet. I figure it's one of things I'll use a couple times in my life.  

IMG_8165.thumb.JPG.1810b2f131a44e5e3a157a37d3cf74d0.JPG

Edge guide for the Dewalt 618. Just seemed a shame not to have one seeing how much I love the router.

IMG_8166.thumb.JPG.f54f9e631549919ae19d121ca0e8a8ce.JPG

Also picked up a Tekton Pipe Threading Kit. Scored it cheap for around $50. I won't use it much, but it did allow me to make use of some free 3/4" pipe, so it's paid for itself already. Nothing to rave about, but I've done a couple dozen threads with it so far and it's worked well. 

IMG_8167.thumb.JPG.dab9e067808a2a8dc0a09bf56e962ef8.JPG

• Like 2