Makita bluetooth jobsite speaker

kornomaniac

Upcoming from Makita:

Jobsite bluetooth speaker.

No radio but a bluetooth speaker.

Runs on AC or LXT or CXT batteries.

Both a woofer and tweeter for better sound.

10 watts practical output ( for comparison, each model of the Makita radio has a 3.5 watts practical output )

Veeery long battery life.

Aux port and USB charging port available.

1713.jpg

Alot longer battery life.

Alot bigger speaker. Added tweeter for beter sound.

More sound volume!

Ok that makes sense, I'm all for longer battery life and better sound, I just hardly ever use a radio to begin with!

What does upcoming mean? A month from now? This fall? Available only certain parts of the world... just curious

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Ok that makes sense, I'm all for longer battery life and better sound, I just hardly ever use a radio to begin with!

What does upcoming mean? A month from now? This fall? Available only certain parts of the world... just curious

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sometimes their upcoming tools are already out, and the brushless recip saw has been upcoming for around a year.  Nobody knows.

• 2 weeks later...

That is pretty cool! On an unrelated noted, I got the Makita battery USB supply. That thing is friggin awesome! I was using it all weekend at work (I must've ticked my boss off.....I had to work this weekend at bike week :( )

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

okay so I took the chance and ordered it.  I'm actually very pleased with this speaker.

First off, the sound.  I will compare it to my bose soundlink.  It is similar, but the bose will sound a lot fuller and richer.  The makita still gives a great sound, and actually better than I expected.  The volume is pretty good too.  I would say my bose soundlink get  a little louder but not by too much. 

I really like the small portability of the speaker and of course and the fact that it uses the same battery, makes it much more convenient than using my bose (which when it was dying, I had to find a plug close by to where im working to charge.)  I

You could maybe find better sounding outdoor/rugged speakers in a similar price range that should hold up pretty well but I'm very happy with this option.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, danielicrazy said:

okay so I took the chance and ordered it.  I'm actually very pleased with this speaker.

First off, the sound.  I will compare it to my bose soundlink.  It is similar, but the bose will sound a lot fuller and richer.  The makita still gives a great sound, and actually better than I expected.  The volume is pretty good too.  I would say my bose soundlink get  a little louder but not by too much. 

I really like the small portability of the speaker and of course and the fact that it uses the same battery, makes it much more convenient than using my bose (which when it was dying, I had to find a plug close by to where im working to charge.)  I

You could maybe find better sounding outdoor/rugged speakers in a similar price range that should hold up pretty well but I'm very happy with this option.

Nice! You know, if you don't compare it to anything, it's probably the best you'll hear all day!

On 6/8/2016 at 3:14 PM, kornomaniac said:

I know the younger generation of craftsman in belgium all use their phone for their own music so this would be cool for them :)

I just recently was given a radio (Milwaukee radio/charger), the very first i have ever had in my life, and I thought I would be using it on my phone only, but i tune it into radio stations a lot more than I thought I would so I'm glad it's part of the radio