What is your go to EDC?

Stercorarius

Nice leathermans ..... This is quickly turning into a "Leatherman thread"

i bought my first one in 1989 ... Still have it. I have to dig it out and get a pic ....

following this now !!

• Like 2

EDC for me is a bunch of stuff. At work I carry a lot, and I use it all every day. Leatherman Wave with their bit kit and extension, Victorinox SwissTool, a knife, a razor knife, keys, flashlight, etc.. Outside of work I always have a knife and the Leatherman Wave. Knife depends on mood, lately it's been a Hinderer clone and a Decepticon 1 clone.

EDC for Work 001.jpg

EDC for Work 002.jpg

• Like 4

I have both and they both have there place. Seems when ever I go out I'll grab the leatherman and when I'm just around I'll have the fastback box knife. For work I always carried the leatherman. Now days it spends more time in the bullpen. Lol. 

• Like 1

3BFAE965-02B5-4E8E-8F85-AB4A5DD8C917_zpsirc50hfl.jpg

Supertool 300.

And my Trimble S6. As many miles as I've walked with that thing on my back it might as well be my EDC.

Trimble? Is that for gps mapping? I know they made some of the first automatic guidance systems for tractors and still make them for case and old tractors. 

Or is that DGPS?

At least that's what my uncle uses to map out a field for drainage tile. Impressive stuff

It's funny because during the work week, I have my Gerber EAB Lite because it's so slim and compact and can swap out the blade with your regular Stanley razor blades. Then on the weekends I always have my buck 110 because I usually need more than a razor blade and love the buck for its classic look and feel and heft.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is my EDC for work, not including a truck FULL of crap that includes, tool bin, tool bucket, tool pouch....

Kershaw speedsafe 

leatherman micra

leather style ps

leatherman carabiner (great keychain)

(my original Leatherman is hiding somewhere in the house$

image.jpeg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

Trimble? Is that for gps mapping? I know they made some of the first automatic guidance systems for tractors and still make them for case and old tractors. 

That particular unit is a conventional (optical/EDM) robotic total station, GPGuess doesnt  have the tight vertical (elevation) tolerance needed for staking sewer and curb (you dont want to try and make poop run uphill!). Plus, keeping initialization in the city and under trees is somewhat problematic. I have used a bunch of Trimble GPS gear, mainly staking a power transmission line in SoCal. Current GPS gear is Leica... Fantastic gear, but they can't write software to save their lives.

Intrestingly, if you are a complete survey nerd, i suppose, the machine control GPS (controlling elevations on Cats/graders ect. operates on a different frequency than surveying stuff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Well I've always heard good about buck, Menards had this on sale, I decided why not, no regrets

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

My first knife was a Buck that my grandpa bought me against the express wishes of my parents at 8 years old. I Have been a die-hard fan since.

• Like 1

Man, I miss my Spyderco Delica, a victim to busting through super dense chemise chaparral in San Diego County.... Man that job was tough on gear... I'd shred a pair of Danners in 6-8 months, survey vests every six months, a couple of pocket knives and a couple of the side clip Leatherman multitools lost to the brush, two flip phones wasted by me sweating like crazy when hauling my fat ass out of canyons, a Palm Treo and a Blackberry to the brush, dozens of mechanical pencils, scribes, pocket scales, and erasers until I started buying vests with Velcro covers over the pockets...

• Like 3

On June 23, 2016 at 7:09 AM, BK13 said:

Man, I miss my Spyderco Delica, a victim to busting through super dense chemise chaparral in San Diego County.... Man that job was tough on gear... I'd shred a pair of Danners in 6-8 months, survey vests every six months, a couple of pocket knives and a couple of the side clip Leatherman multitools lost to the brush, two flip phones wasted by me sweating like crazy when hauling my fat ass out of canyons, a Palm Treo and a Blackberry to the brush, dozens of mechanical pencils, scribes, pocket scales, and erasers until I started buying vests with Velcro covers over the pockets...

It's funny how we keep being gluttons for punishment and then the light bulb goes on! Normally followed by my wife saying...I told you so.

Followed by me slapping myself in the head and saying....yeah yeah yeah

Funny... Yeah, just like that, only different. LOL

I just gave up on getting new vests from the home office and bought my own. When they sent me one that was half neoprene when I'm working in the SoCal desert... No thanks.

It's neat how the smallest of tools can get you out of a pinch. I have been on the look out for a perfect excuse screw driver. I looked at all the ones that wera and wiha and other name brands had to offer. But I came across the perfect one at Lowes. Metal and heavy duty and a decent price. I find a use for it every day now that I have it. So here is my edc. 

http://m.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-Nail-Setter/1000003656

I also have my Cobras and utility knife in the pouch alone with a lock and tape

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2