Checking in

Fazzman

Hey fellers,

Been super busy with work and family stuff goings on and kids almost back in school. Hope all of you are well    We are getting back up into the 100's+ for the next week again ugh. Other than that life is good yall.     Be good,be safe,and stay hydrated, oh and buy and use tools  :)     I havent had the chance or need to grab many tools lately but I did get a tool in a way.

i got a new Double edge razor setup,crazy cheap compared to those crappy multi bladed junk ones they sell for the cost of your first born at the store.

anyways be good crew,I will try and be around more soon.

• Like 3

I talked about getting a safety razor for ages, all talk and no walk. My better half got one for me with a nice brush etc. for Christmas. Life changing. I know that sounds exaggerated, but it really was a watershed moment for me with regards to shaving; both quality of shave and cost lol. So so inexpensive it's ridiculous, and less irritation because you aren't dragging almost half a dozen x-acto knives across your face. 

• Like 2

^^^^^^   Awesome guys,glad to see im not the only crew member to see the light in saving money this way,and you are right Bremon it is life changing and fun to shave this way.  Yeah wild good tip.   since you guys go this option what blades do you use?  Ive been using Feather Hi Stainless platinum coated blades. they are crazy sharp. Been wanting to try the Personna blades,have heard alot of good things about them.

• Like 1

I bought a massive sampler pack from Amazon to try things, foolishly without realizing Amazon didn't sell all of them individually. Not only that, many of them are just rebrands etc. My main ones are Feathers, and Astra platinums. Derby is a decent shave, and even less expensive than the rest lol.

I stick to Taylor of Old Bond Street for my lather. They have a nice avocado one for sensitive skin that I got started with, and I'm into lavender now. If you couldn't tell, my better half picks the scents. My big schnoz doesn't work as well as it ought to so I can barely tell a difference. I liked the sandawood variety but it's a bit strong apparently. 

At at some point I'd like to get a puck of Tabac with a nice tough boar brush to get a good lather. Currently using a high quality synthetic brush that you'd be hard pressed to tell apart from badger, but at some point (like most of my purchasing plans: at some point) I'll likely treat myself to a nice silvertip brush.

Not sure what my current razor is, I want to say an Edwin Jagger. Might pick up a second, maybe a Merkur. 

I also completely agree with wild's sentiment regarding beard reduction. The weight of the unit is enough to do the cutting for the most part. Getting used to maintaining the best angle on the blade is the most crucial part it seems. 

• Like 1

I've generally been a Proraso guy, but I would like to try the Tabac sometime. I'm not sure what it is but I just enjoy a shave better with a safety razor. I've been debating trying out a straight razor.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Late to the party. I have tried the feather's...Crazy sharp! I generally go with these...

gillette-silver-blue-razor-blades-5-pack-popout.png

Plenty sharp. Don't seem to lose their edge as quick as the Feather's, considerably cheaper. Really been enjoying my MÜHLE R41 open comb.

Also, you must try Tabac if you haven't already! There's something about that scent, and the lather os awesome!

• Like 2

Tabac is on my list for sure. Those silver blues are more than decent. Comparable to derby and Astra platinum, both of which I get great results with. I agree that feathers lose their edge quicker, I suspect they have a finer angle on them to get so stupidly sharp to begin with, and aren't as durable as a result. 

• Like 1