bosch plans a cordless framing nailer?

dirlammen

Thanks for the replies. I do have the bosch brad nailer, and I have no complaints. I have used the Dewalt, and I think its a little on the heavy side, and I am not interested in getting yet another battery system, unless it comes stamped " Made in Lichtenstein". Maybe I will just order the Makita gas cartridge nailer from canada... 

Thanks for the replies. I do have the bosch brad nailer, and I have no complaints. I have used the Dewalt, and I think its a little on the heavy side, and I am not interested in getting yet another battery system, unless it comes stamped " Made in Lichtenstein". Maybe I will just order the Makita gas cartridge nailer from canada... 

I find the weight of the nailer to be on par with other cordless guns. I hqve 2 gas framers I will gladly sell you. That is the best part of the Dewalt...no gas!! No cleaning, no cold temperature issues, no running out of gas during a job...etc. When I bought the nailer I did not have any other Dewalt 20v tools either. Buy the kit and you habe what you need.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

A little on the heavy side is cordless nailers in a nutshell compared to pneumatic. Price you pay for not having a cord. The Dewalt looks like an absolute beast, but I can understand not wanting another battery platform. Or, I did understand up until recently when the quest for the best overtook sticking to one color haha. 

Hey guys, thanks for your input. So I have the makita 7.2, makit 18V and bosch 18V, and Royobi 18V. I need another battery system like I need a whole in the head. I do like the makita setup, because my cordless circ saw uses 2 18V for 36V power. But I really am not trying to get into another system for just one tool, or if it was one tool, it would have to be a Hilti (because they are just so damned cool, I am not gonna say no). 

So I was thinking about getting the Makita GN900 which takes my existing batteries. But I can't believe that Bosch is not gonna put out a framing/first fix nailer.... Just wondering if more knowledgeable people than me have heard anything. 

Long and short, I will probably just continue to be tethered to my compressor for framing....

• Like 1

Well, like you, I've got too many myself. I looked over that gas battery mix framer and meh. It's got some really bad reviews. I love Makita but......Framers are few and far between for direct battery without fuel but you are smart for trying to keep the same lineup. Maybe you'll have better luck!

28 minutes ago, dirlammen said:

Thanks for the vid. I did not see that one. So what, did bosch spend all it's R-D money on the Reaxx table saw, and saved nothing for the cordless line? Only so many german engineers to go around?

Ha, beats the heck outta me dude. It really sounds like their Brad has some split reviews. If Ryobi had a framer id say go with that. You've already got batteries and truthfully they make awesome nail guns. Believe it or not! I had an Airstrike Brad for quite a while and she was getting tired so I replaced her but it was a great nail gun.

Bosch just isn't putting the money into their cordless line like the other brands sold here. Bosch might make great solid tools, but the releases are slow as hell

This is why I am moving back to Yellow for my 18v (20v) tools.

3 hours ago, overanalyze said:

Yep..it sounded good in theory but reality is people are very used to and ok with swapping a battery and keeping one on a charger.

That's for sure. By the way, the bosch rep got back to me, and said, "no first frame nailer in the works."

3 hours ago, overanalyze said:

Yep..it sounded good in theory but reality is people are very used to and ok with swapping a battery and keeping one on a charger.

The wireless charging is great for someone that runs a small assembly line or something. With the ah of the packs now and brushless drills your really hard pressed to drain a drill or impact that fast. Big factories use custom systems with torque settings and such.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DR99 said:

Bosch just isn't putting the money into their cordless line like the other brands sold here. Bosch might make great solid tools, but the releases are slow as hell

because, you know, bosch dishwashers and bosch other things and bosch filters and bosch brakes and hell bosch starters.

BOSCH EVERYTHING! They're like hitachi, they're slugs when they release things but when they do, they're solid (as a rock). But yes, the bosch dishwasher talks to you!

19 minutes ago, DR99 said:

The wireless charging is great for someone that runs a small assembly line or something. With the ah of the packs now and brushless drills your really hard pressed to drain a drill or impact that fast. Big factories use custom systems with torque settings and such.

Wonder if any companies have plans for a solar charged battery or a solar charger.