Bit Holder Recomendation

wizbang

I used a magnetic bit holder that came with a kit I purchased a while ago. The problem I keep encountering is the the bits stay stuck to the screw fastner.

I'm using the Dewalt max fit bits. I believe the bit holder is a cheap china made holder. Is the magnet too weak? I have seen some bit holders that have a lock designed to precent this issue. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. Most of the stuff at the box stores doesn't seem to hold up well.

I'm going to try the Weha ClicFix Magnetic Insert Bit Holder. Bought it from KC. The reviews said it doesn't hold up to impact drivers but I just do light duty screw driving. I'm currently using 2" bit with no adapter.

Thanks for the input. Most of the stuff at the box stores doesn't seem to hold up well.

I'm going to try the Weha ClicFix Magnetic Insert Bit Holder. Bought it from KC. The reviews said it doesn't hold up to impact drivers but I just do light duty screw driving. I'm currently using 2" bit with no adapter.

WIha stuff is usually pretty solid, the best stuff at the box stores are the Makita stuff

Jimbo

1 minute ago, JimboS1ice said:

I gotta check out some felo I've noticed European made have much better magnets than the Chinese stuff

Jimbo

My Felo bit holder will magnetize a 2.5" non-magnetized bit enough to hold a screw. A 1" bit holds like glue.

• Like 2

Got this one in a Wila terminator kit from KC_tools. The bit holder #71496 magnetic with locking ring. Don't know if this the one you spoke of. ad7e4b8941e0a89f12d891a73429440e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[emoji41]

Yup

Jimbo