New Dewalt stuff at Lowe's

BMack37

Guys, Lowe's just updated their endcap to include the new battery line!!!! /Sarcasm

YFdGOe6.jpg

So it appears that officially Dewalt has 12v, 18v, 20v, 40v and 60v lines current. Guess we found the real reason the 18/20v adapter was released. Wonder if they're going to make a 14v adapter :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Guys, Lowe's just updated their endcap to include the new battery line!!!! /Sarcasm

YFdGOe6.jpg

So it appears that officially Dewalt has 12v, 18v, 20v, 40v and 60v lines current. Guess we found the real reason the 18/20v adapter was released. Wonder if they're going to make a 14v adapter :lol:

I looked up the sales on that tool, my store alone has sold 400units this year. anywhere from 69-129$ a piece, what the living hell? Name sells lol.

• Like 1

they've had an endcap of those since the dawn of man, and probably will after civilization ceases to exist

Lol!!! Yeah the have been at the Lowe's around here, that and the 20v too...

Don't forget about the other pesky platform they make, those plug in cord thingies ?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Mine by me they have a drill, impact, circ saw, sawzall and radio, basic tools

Wow, that's terrible. Ours had nothing, then the adapters came in, then the batteries and now the drill. The display says something Flevolt so it has "NEW" right above it, also says "Made in the USA" huge on the poster. This seems rather shady to me, worse than the battery labeling thing that Milwaukee does on their 2-packs.

15 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

they've had an endcap of those since the dawn of man, and probably will after civilization ceases to exist

The cockroaches will evolve to use them as weapons in the Twinkie Wars after the nuclear end of humanity. 

and yes, every big box hardware store around me still has these damn things. I can understand selling the batteries, but the tools are insulting when you can get better for the same dollar. 

10 minutes ago, kruton said:

They probably got rid of the Metabo to make more room for those!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

They got rid of metabo to push the coming hitachi brushless stuff at least thats what I've read on our corporate flyer.

So expect to see the new 6.0 batteries (With no fuel gauge :< ) and the new 1210 inch lb CLASS LEADER    brushless hammer drill! Also the ip56 impact driver about june next year according to them competitively priced around 329 for the hammer/impact.

The price MUST be a typo though, I can't post a picture of the flyer because of NDA and they're pretty quick in finding that stuff.

But as an avvid hitachi user Im super stoked for that new brushless drill, not so much the impact though.

they don't show what models but theres a mini circular saw a 5 3/8 metal saw a 6 1/2 saw

the new oscillating tool, brushless grinder and uh some super long cordless screw driver thing i dunno what its called. looks like a screw gun with a 4 foot pole at the end. Oh Oh! i forgot to add, there are whispers around OPE that lowes might be carrying TANAKA and might be having SCAG Turf Tigers on display! Who the hell would buy a 15K usd lawn mower who the hell knows, oh yeah... my father.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bremon said:

The cockroaches will evolve to use them as weapons in the Twinkie Wars after the nuclear end of humanity. 

and yes, every big box hardware store around me still has these damn things. I can understand selling the batteries, but the tools are insulting when you can get better for the same dollar. 

haven't you seen zombie land?

" Believe it or not, Twinkies have an expiration date. Some day very soon, Life's little Twinkie gauge is gonna go... empty. "

-Tallahassee (Woody harrelson)

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Hitachi makes really good tools but man, they are ugly!

They really should carry Metabo in store, I don't know why Hitachi doesn't push both brands.

I dunno, i really don't but they now own the patents to the usage of 20700 cells in battery packs...

There might be another battery lawsuit lol... and hitachi is a very very big conglomerate with a whole lot of weight to throw around.

holy crap i should lay off the coffee.

ALSO DONT TALK ABOUT THE MEAN GREEN!

2 minutes ago, pancing said:

I dunno, i really don't but they now own the patents to the usage of 20700 cells in battery packs...

There might be another battery lawsuit lol... and hitachi is a very very big conglomerate with a whole lot of weight to throw around.

holy crap i should lay off the coffee.

ALSO DONT TALK ABOUT THE MEAN GREEN!

Its incredible the things you can patent these days. I wonder if thats holding up the other 6.0 packs.

• Like 2

...that's pretty disgusting. Although SBD has patents on yellow tools, the D shaped vent on their drills, and all sorts of bullshit so this really shouldn't surprise anyone. It's like patenting the use of diesel as a fuel. "not a problem; you plebs can buy gasoline instead" lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, jeffmcmillan said:

Its incredible the things you can patent these days. I wonder if thats holding up the other 6.0 packs.

Doesn't seem like it, Makita has advertised their 6.0 packs coming out with a 55 minute charge time, think i saw it on Twitter or some other social media

4 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Which other brand should we bag on for their business practices? Kobalt, stupid Kobalt and their constantly rotating lineup that will never standardize and gives you no confidence in long-term support. Ryobi, stupid name! Who else?

bosch for being slower than a slug! Metabo for selling out to a bigger name for three times their worth!

oh also the main reason why kobalt (chervon) went 24v is because they also got hit with milwaukee's patent for 5 cell 18650 in a power tool battery pack. At least thats the speculation for lowe's brand. I guess we could rag on um hell i dunno what have we left out? On yeah FEIN for losing the spelling bee

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

Which other brand should we bag on for their business practices? Kobalt, stupid Kobalt and their constantly rotating lineup that will never standardize and gives you no confidence in long-term support. Ryobi, stupid name! Who else?

Makita for their radio silence. And making bicycles and coffee makers instead of batteries that don't suck.

Milwaukee for being so mediocre they had to get sold a couple times before someone would funnel any dollars into them. But oh wait, those aren't dollars! They're yuan! Truly Milwaukee is the bottom of the barrel. Red for a reason.

Ryobi for sticking with stem packs this long. How dare they provide long term value to homeowners. They should rotate battery platforms half a dozen times like our new black-and-yellow overlords to make R&D money to funnel into internal switches for batteries and patents. Ryobi: Green because they're envious of all the money everyone else makes.

Ridgid because they have no warranty. Instead they give you a lifetime service agreement, which is TTI code for circus employment, because that's how many hoops you'll need to jump through to use it. 

Kobalt: recycle bin blue tools...they're discretely trying to convince you they aren't trash, but belong in a parts pile.

Might as well throw in every "12 volt" system that lies about its voltage.

We can swing back to Dewalt: 20v that loses 2 volts if you look at it the wrong way; or, you know, pull a trigger. 60 volt that loses 6 volts for the same reason. Oh. And going to great lengths to convince you they are the only ones who make something outside of China. 4 things actually. Even my corded sawzall at work is USA with foreign parts. It's easy to sell USA assembled when the product hasn't changed in 30 years and probably takes 20 minutes on the line to pop together.  

Bosch because they're apparently in a staring contest with Makita over who can communicate less with customers. They also win the most hideous color combo award. That won't sell tools; people need flashy colors like red, cool shit like lightning bolts, and free tool giveaways. They're all making fat stacks off slave labor anyway, share the wealth in the form of more product for consumers. 

Festool...nuclear green and grey. This overpriced junk looks like it got built in the storage tote section at Walmart. Except Festools storage totes are flimsier and more expensive. 

I don't know that I have any more cracks to make. I also make no guarantees that what you've just wasted your time reading isn't 100% nonsense. Might only be 90% though. 

• Like 6

Makita for their radio silence. And making bicycles and coffee makers instead of batteries that don't suck.

Milwaukee for being so mediocre they had to get sold a couple times before someone would funnel any dollars into them. But oh wait, those aren't dollars! They're yuan! Truly Milwaukee is the bottom of the barrel. Red for a reason.

Ryobi for sticking with stem packs this long. How dare they provide long term value to homeowners. They should rotate battery platforms half a dozen times like our new black-and-yellow overlords to make R&D money to funnel into internal switches for batteries and patents. Ryobi: Green because they're envious of all the money everyone else makes.

Ridgid because they have no warranty. Instead they give you a lifetime service agreement, which is TTI code for circus employment, because that's how many hoops you'll need to jump through to use it. 

Kobalt: recycle bin blue tools...they're discretely trying to convince you they aren't trash, but belong in a parts pile.

Might as well throw in every "12 volt" system that lies about its voltage.

We can swing back to Dewalt: 20v that loses 2 volts if you look at it the wrong way; or, you know, pull a trigger. 60 volt that loses 6 volts for the same reason. Oh. And going to great lengths to convince you they are the only ones who make something outside of China. 4 things actually. Even my corded sawzall at work is USA with foreign parts. It's easy to sell USA assembled when the product hasn't changed in 30 years and probably takes 20 minutes on the line to pop together.  

Bosch because they're apparently in a staring contest with Makita over who can communicate less with customers. They also win the most hideous color combo award. That won't sell tools; people need flashy colors like red, cool shit like lightning bolts, and free tool giveaways. They're all making fat stacks off slave labor anyway, share the wealth in the form of more product for consumers. 

Festool...nuclear green and grey. This overpriced junk looks like it got built in the storage tote section at Walmart. Except Festools storage totes are flimsier and more expensive. 

I don't know that I have any more cracks to make. I also make no guarantees that what you've just wasted your time reading isn't 100% nonsense. Might only be 90% though. 

Epic rant right here bud I love it!!

On the Dewalt stuff being "made in the USA" on a couple of my videos it's been going wild calling Milwaukee Chinese junk and how Dewalt is us made yada yada yada, they don't understand that them Dewalt drills are just as Chinese as the Milwaukee except Jeff smith is putting it together instead wang li, pretty amusing

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The difference basically comes down to what stock exchange they are traded on. Some people are just blind to that. When I first got interested in power tools I read a lot of "Makita manufactures in USA and Japan!", "Dewalt manufactures in USA!" I've used a fairly wide variety of Makita and haven't personally seen a single one that doesn't say made in China. As for Dewalt, the only thing USA made that I've seen that's worth a damn are the premium drills. The other USA assembled drills are garbage comparatively. Why make it in a first world country if it's not worth owning? The top-tier stuff should be assembled in USA: one key drills should have a little sticker on them like Dewalt considering the price tag on them. At least the USA sawzalls at work fairly affordable and are of reasonable quality, and still have a good warranty to stand behind. It's just buzzwords and hot takes all around that uninformed people grab onto. I'm all for "jeff smith" assembling stuff, at least someone earning a living wage that way. The problem is Jeff assembling entry level crap I don't want to own in the first place lol. 

• Like 1

The difference basically comes down to what stock exchange they are traded on. Some people are just blind to that. When I first got interested in power tools I read a lot of "Makita manufactures in USA and Japan!", "Dewalt manufactures in USA!" I've used a fairly wide variety of Makita and haven't personally seen a single one that doesn't say made in China. As for Dewalt, the only thing USA made that I've seen that's worth a damn are the premium drills. The other USA assembled drills are garbage comparatively. Why make it in a first world country if it's not worth owning? The top-tier stuff should be assembled in USA: one key drills should have a little sticker on them like Dewalt considering the price tag on them. At least the USA sawzalls at work fairly affordable and are of reasonable quality, and still have a good warranty to stand behind. It's just buzzwords and hot takes all around that uninformed people grab onto. I'm all for "jeff smith" assembling stuff, at least someone earning a living wage that way. The problem is Jeff assembling entry level crap I don't want to own in the first place lol. 

Poor Jeff! Lol you are right about that, it is a marketing scheme and people fall for it not knowing the whole story behind it, thus labeling Milwaukee junk because it's Chinese but you have to look at the overall composition of the merchandise. Makitas higher end stuff is non-Chinese like the Godzilla impacts, that's what I coined them lol are made in Japan and that bad ass barrel grip jig saw is make in UK

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2