Circular saw blades! ...what's the best / what do you use?

olletsocmit

The best blade you can buy is Forrest, and this is not for debate, there's an entire industry that backs them up. But I use Diablo because I don't do a lot of precision high level cuts with fine carpentry so the value just isn't there to use top of the line blades. I've used a whole bunch of different kinds of blades and I get the best results with Diablo, the best wear with Diablo, and the value is fantastic considering the quality of carbide they use and how stable they are with their thin kerf line, which makes me more productive by decreasing resistance and cutting much faster. They also stay clean far longer than other steel and coatings I've used.

There's better out there, but value often times wins out over quality when the differences are so marginal. If you have deep pockets, buy a set of Forrest and never look back, if not, I'd recommend Diablo. The Mamba blades are one that I have not tried, and judging from the lack of reviews online, I'd say they have a long way to go to gain a following to prove longevity and reliability. Might be the best blades ever not saying they're not, but I'll wait for more information. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The best blade you can buy is Forrest, and this is not for debate, there's an entire industry that backs them up. But I use Diablo because I don't do a lot of precision high level cuts with fine carpentry so the value just isn't there to use top of the line blades. I've used a whole bunch of different kinds of blades and I get the best results with Diablo, the best wear with Diablo, and the value is fantastic considering the quality of carbide they use and how stable they are with their thin kerf line, which makes me more productive by decreasing resistance and cutting much faster. They also stay clean far longer than other steel and coatings I've used.

There's better out there, but value often times wins out over quality when the differences are so marginal. If you have deep pockets, buy a set of Forrest and never look back, if not, I'd recommend Diablo. The Mamba blades are one that I have not tried, and judging from the lack of reviews online, I'd say they have a long way to go to gain a following to prove longevity and reliability. Might be the best blades ever not saying they're not, but I'll wait for more information. 

Wont doubt you because of only one thing you said Forrest blades. They are a very good blade. But I like the Armana. different strokes for different folks.

I'm like you occasionally looking at other brand blades in hope something better will show up, but it almost never does and I haven't found a circular saw blade that will compete with diablo.  Particularly if you run into unexpected* stuff in a cut the Diablo blades are the best especially for the price, and by a large margin if you buy a bunch on sale.

*Who am I kidding we all say screw it and cut regardless of what's there by the end of the day.

• Like 1

Freud blades are up there with Forrest, the diablos are more their contractor grade but they have Freud ones that give the Forrest a run for their money

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Freud blades are up there with Forrest, the diablos are more their contractor grade but they have Freud ones that give the Forrest a run for their money

I'm a contractor so Diablo it is, lol. Honestly I have never seen a direct comparison between the two, but the reviews for both a great for a reason. Again...the marginal differences vs quality comparison. If I strike a hidden faster with a Diablo I shed a tear, and keep going. If I hit one with a Forest or high end Freud full kerf I'll cry a river. 

Economies of scale is hard to argue among the elite. 

I'm a contractor so Diablo it is, lol. Honestly I have never seen a direct comparison between the two, but the reviews for both a great for a reason. Again...the marginal differences vs quality comparison. If I strike a hidden faster with a Diablo I shed a tear, and keep going. If I hit one with a Forest or high end Freud full kerf I'll cry a river. 

Economies of scale is hard to argue among the elite. 

Went to a rocker grand opening and they had both blades there and the nice thing about the frued was the coating on it, carbide was both large for resharpening, maybe a little more on the Freud

4 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Went to a rocker grand opening and they had both blades there and the nice thing about the frued was the coating on it, carbide was both large for resharpening, maybe a little more on the Freud

Is it a different kind of teflon?