Just some love .....

Foneguy

nice tool. Been wanting to get this one but not sure how much I would use something like this yet. I'm just out of construction school so I still do a lot of the demo, unwanted, and cleanup jobs. Don't use many powered tools yet. Might try to do some personal projects though. Also purchased some flexvolt stuff cause of the free tool deal. How well would this work for furniture making?

• Like 1

2448... I just use it around the house / shop.... I think it's very versatile ....not sure about furniture making, sure someone else can help with that .....

good luck in the construction field.... You picked the right field... Just pay your dues and before you know it you're a journeyman with your own crew !!!!!!

ive been in my field for almost 30 years ... It goes by quick !!!!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 2448jman said:

nice tool. Been wanting to get this one but not sure how much I would use something like this yet. I'm just out of construction school so I still do a lot of the demo, unwanted, and cleanup jobs. Don't use many powered tools yet. Might try to do some personal projects though. Also purchased some flexvolt stuff cause of the free tool deal. How well would this work for furniture making?

Without a doubt you'll use it far more than you think. It's one of the most versatile tools you can buy, and it's affordable.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 2448jman said:

Congrats on your education! As far as using an oscillating tool, it has many uses depending on what blade/ sander is mounted. Some folks think they are better than a rotozip for cutting in for electrical boxes. I know they are great for sanding in corners and hard to get places and the saw blades are great for getting in tight spots like toe kicks and inside cabinets.

That starlock interface looks amazing 

They actually have three levels of star lock, they are star lock, star lock plus and star lock max, a max tool can use all three a plus can use the plus and standard. It complicates things but will allow for more powerful OMTs and more advanced blades.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

They actually have three levels of star lock, they are star lock, star lock plus and star lock max, a max tool can use all three a plus can use the plus and standard. It complicates things but will allow for more powerful OMTs and more advanced blades.

Jimbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have they made any plain starlock tools yet?  Even the Fein 12V is starlock plus.  I think the plain starlock is just so they can split basic starlock and basic starlock OIS compatible blades.

Never used the Makita but the big bonus for me with the Dewalt is Amazon carries a brand of OMT blades called Integra that are WAYYYY more affordable than other branded blades that fit and they work great, haven't broken one yet with excessive abuse. 

I paid for my tool in kit form by not buying brand named blades with only 2 orders of blades. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, khariV said:

My dewalt 20v OMT has spoiled me for other brands OMT. The grip is so much smaller and easier to hold than the Milwaukee equivalent. 

I originally looked at the DeWalt because I already had a 20v drill and impact but when I thought more about it the way DeWalt did the on/off as a variable speed trigger instead of a switch seemed like a smart move. The blade change system is one of the best and quickest but not every blade is compatible which is a flaw. Also I didnt know this till just recently but turns out you can lock on the DeWalt version which is nice especially for long cuts or awkward cuts

5 hours ago, joemontague said:

Dewalt  milwaukee  or makita  multitool  help plz

This was my first Dewalt tool. Found the kit for close to the same price as the M18 bare tool, and it came with more accessories. Brushless and more thoughtful features made the choice easy. The M18 is a battery pig from my understanding. It would have been my first brushed Milwaukee tool and I couldn't pull the trigger lol. Reviews on the M18 are good but the Dewalt is better. I'm very happy with it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bremon said:

This was my first Dewalt tool. Found the kit for close to the same price as the M18 bare tool, and it came with more accessories. Brushless and more thoughtful features made the choice easy. The M18 is a battery pig from my understanding. It would have been my first brushed Milwaukee tool and I couldn't pull the trigger lol. Reviews on the M18 are good but the Dewalt is better. I'm very happy with it. 

I find the M18 not to bad with a 5.0 battery, besides it's not the battery dying on you that you have to worry about......lol sorry had to.....