New store in town....Big R

KnarlyCarl

I think my mind is slipping, I thought I posted this somewhere...

Anybody have a Big R in the area?

The old Walmart got a facelift and originally I thought they went in the old Home Depot down the road from here, but they went in the old Walmart, wanted to clarify that...

web1_Big-R-1.jpg

Big R Stores to open in old Wal-Mart building, create 70 jobs

http://www.bigronline.com/

Closest thing I can think of that is similar to this is Rural King. One of the guys at work was in the store and commented on how big the tool selection is. 

We had one and the store split from the chain to become North 40. Depending on how similar it is to ours, it is the greatest store know to man. Huge Milwaukee and DeWalt selection. A lot of Vet supplies and pet stuff. A lot of oddball things you need from specialty stores, but they are open late enough. I do all my clothes shopping there. 

7 minutes ago, Stercorarius said:

We had one and the store split from the chain to become North 40. Depending on how similar it is to ours, it is the greatest store know to man. Huge Milwaukee and DeWalt selection. A lot of Vet supplies and pet stuff. A lot of oddball things you need from specialty stores, but they are open late enough. I do all my clothes shopping there. 

Cool thanks for that info man, I haven't had a chance to be in that area to check it out yet, very cool sounding. There are no good places that have a full selection of tools like that, last time was 8 years ago when both Home Depots were still around

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Cool thanks for that info man, I haven't had a chance to be in that area to check it out yet, very cool sounding. There are no good places that have a full selection of tools like that, last time was 8 years ago when both Home Depots were still around

Also they have American sized sacks of miscellaneous candy. Sacks not bags.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Stercorarius said:

so basically a Menards and a Tractor supply combined and created a Big R?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jronman said:

so basically a Menards and a Tractor supply combined and created a Big R?

From what I gather, a bit of Home Depot and a lot of Tractor Supply combined. Home Depot has much larger tool selection than Menards, which is what it sounds is at Big R.

I'll check it out one of these days, maybe grab a couple pics

• Like 1

From what I gather, a bit of Home Depot and a lot of Tractor Supply combined. Home Depot has much larger tool selection than Menards, which is what it sounds is at Big R.

Menards by me are loaded with Bosch and hitachi, HD might have an edge on quanitity, quality well that's no competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

I said Menards over Home Depot because they sell odd ball things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

Menards by me are loaded with Bosch and hitachi, HD might have an edge on quanitity, quality well that's no competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like Menards seems to prefer lots of brands with small selections vs a few good brands with large selections. I found their Bosch selection to be small. Some tools aren't available particularly their nicer sanders. Menards is a bit more geared towards the homeowner/diy and Home Depot the pro.

Damn[emoji17] my tractor supply sucks in terms of tools and clothes. Every now and then I'll get some shirts there. Only a couple different boots also. I usually have to drive to San Antonio to one of the Western wear stores for boots,denim,carhartt. Everything else I get at academy sports, or Amazon .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 12/14/2016 at 10:20 AM, Jronman said:

I feel like Menards seems to prefer lots of brands with small selections vs a few good brands with large selections. I found their Bosch selection to be small. Some tools aren't available particularly their nicer sanders. Menards is a bit more geared towards the homeowner/diy and Home Depot the pro.

Yup that's how it is here too

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Turns out they don't really have much of anything, just basically an oversized Tractor Supply with a few Milwaukee and DeWalt. 

Flexvolt grinder or recip saw kits... $299 

I asked them if they could get the M12 bandsaw in, since I have a gift card here.  They can't get it, they don't have it, they said to order online, but it's not available, turns out, they don't have a fraction of the Milwaukee or DeWalt tools available.....what gives

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Thats a bust, if you can get anything milwaukee why couldn't you get a portaband? sounds like they just don't want to deal with special orders...

Yeah, oh that reminds me, I did an instagram live video while meandering through the place...still think i like scope better

• 1 month later...