New saw?

Jronman

well a couple of guys at work said they tried the Milwaukee cordless miter saw at a builders breakfast. Another guy and I figured it was the 2734 one that just came out but they proceeded to say it used 2 batteries. The 2734 only uses one battery. Me and the second guy told them the Milwaukee miter saw only has one battery. The 2 that got to try the saw continued to say it was a Milwaukee miter saw that had 2 batteries.

I would keep a look out for a new cordless Milwaukee miter saw. Maybe it will be a 12 in slider that uses dual m18's? It would seem unlikely that they come out with a 54v battery. At least while they continue to tout all m18 batteries work with all m18 tools.

2 minutes ago, JimboS1ice said:

Maybe they were confused because the kit comes with a battery plus a promo battery?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They specifically said 2 batteries were in the saw. They did not say one was at the side and one in the saw. We were telling them the Milwaukee only uses one battery in the saw and they kept saying this saw had 2 in it. Also at the builders breakfast the guys get extra information, test tools, etc. before they are unveiled to the public. The DeWALT rep is usually there and apparently Milwaukee had a rep come. I haven't been to a builders breakfast yet. Sounds like it would be fun. Last winter or spring was where the guys at work found out about the volt changing capabilities of the new flexvolt battery before it was unveiled in June. 

• Like 1

I can't see Milwaukee changing to a new voltage after all their marketing for M18 being compatible across entire platform, but adding a 2nd battery might be conceivable. They have somewhat bad-mouthed the other companies doing this, but eventually there are limitations on 1 battery that a 2nd battery could solve. Will be interesting to see. #NPS17 :)