The Christmas Haul 2016

Conductor562

8 hours ago, DaveJr. said:

Got  $50 HD gift card and this beauty! Played around with this for a few minutes and it is awesome. Never used anything like this before. Its safe to say I will no longer use a tape measure for rough measurements! 

IMG_4064.JPG

Yes those are awesome, I only got the glm15 but I keep that with me everywhere I go for quick measurement

• Like 1

Got this cheap $10 screwdriver in the grab bag last night. Funny thing is that we're the ones who bought it. Wife's family does a grab bag where you can swap gifts with someone else, someone stole what I picked and I got the screwdriver. My wife does the wrapping so I usually never know what's what unless I ask, but as soon as I got "swapped" I knew what it was. Which is okay because this little thing isn't half-bad, I can actually see myself using it. It can go from angle driver to straight, and seems to have some decent power to it...

IMG_1625.jpeg

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

The kids hooked me up with the complete series of The Sopranos on Blu-Ray. 

Mrs. Conductor stayed true to form and got me the 7 Piece Hammer & Dolly set from Eastwood I was eyeing. It's a big step for her to order tools for me without my verifying it's the right thing, but she did good. She also got me the Key to Metal Bumping, the definitive start up guide for decades.

IMG_6772.JPG

IMG_6773.JPG

These are not Martin quality tools, but for what I do, I don't need Martin quality nor could a Martin price be justified. 

There is undoubtedly more to come ?

When I was in high school I worked in a body shop and a lot of the guys had the Eastwood hammer and dolly's. They would always say " its how you use the tool not who makes it that works the metal". These guys were old school they still did lead work.

• Like 3

Here is the other stuff I got from works party. There nothing fancy but they were free. They raffled off some Proto ratcheting wrenches but I didn't win those. 

From my parents for Christmas I got a few clothes an mainly a gift card. It will be going towards some general supplies. Need a few metal cutting blades for my chop saw. Plan on a whole saw set as well. I gotta pick up some wood to make shelves as well. Might get some knipex pliers but who knows.

My girlfriend got me a gift card along with a picture an frame. 

A few few other people I know got me HD gift cards.

IMG_3761.JPG

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Fletcher94 said:

Here is the other stuff I got from works party. There nothing fancy but they were free. They raffled off some Proto ratcheting wrenches but I didn't win those. 

From my parents for Christmas I got a few clothes an mainly a gift card. It will be going towards some general supplies. Need a few metal cutting blades for my chop saw. Plan on a whole saw set as well. I gotta pick up some wood to make shelves as well. Might get some knipex pliers but who knows.

My girlfriend got me a gift card along with a picture an frame. 

A few few other people I know got me HD gift cards.

IMG_3761.JPG

Those are nice wrenches. I gifted them to my brother a couple years back. They are great for the price!

• Like 1

Pretty cool stuff over here! My son William is home for his first Christmas! My Wife still went out and got me some wonderful things including a really cool Sony BT speaker for my future shop! My Mother in Law gave me a $100 GC to Woodcraft plus my Mom and Dad gave me a $50 GC to Lowes and I also received a $75 GC to HD. My wife got me a bunch of cool plans but also a Lie Nielsen Tongue and Groove Plane and the Fuji Semi Pro HVLP!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Pretty cool stuff over here! My son William is home for his first Christmas! My Wife still went out and got me some wonderful things including a really cool Sony BT speaker for my future shop! My Mother in Law gave me a $100 GC to Woodcraft plus my Mom and Dad gave me a $50 GC to Lowes and I also received a $75 GC to HD. My wife got me a bunch of cool plans but also a Lie Nielsen Tongue and Groove Plane and the Fuji Semi Pro HVLP!

Here's some pics....990d9f627d5a87bbe840dcb0f21145c8.jpg95971520a931924a0b1c4cd50bba870c.jpgd6301e96d5f20b985d4a7e70ed07cb2a.jpg

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, Conductor562 said:

The Fuji Sprayers are nice! Did you get the gravity fed or pressure pot model? 

Gravity fed Travis. I like those ones better. I have wanted this for quite a while and naturally was going to purchase the Earlex and save a 100 but this is friggin awesome. Plus that Lie Nielsen is a piece of artwork.

3 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Those are nice wrenches. I gifted them to my brother a couple years back. They are great for the price!

Thanks 

I have never owned any tekton tools. Heard some good things of them just never bought any. I messed around with a weird shaped tekton screwdriver at a farm store. Other then that I haven't used any. 

I had them about a month an jus didn't get a picture. You can see there still new in the package. I have to take them out when Ime home an see how they are. 

I had to google them an see what they even cost. You can get them all off home depots website for 102 bucks. If they live up to what I've heard online there worth that. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, regopit said:

My wife and kids don't even try to buy me tools. 

This morning I got a card with a picture of my gift because my wife though you could just call and order it she had no idea that it had to be made.

131042.jpg

Couple of saw horses and that'll make a great paint table ?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Fletcher94 said:

Thanks 

I have never owned any tekton tools. Heard some good things of them just never bought any. I messed around with a weird shaped tekton screwdriver at a farm store. Other then that I haven't used any. 

I had them about a month an jus didn't get a picture. You can see there still new in the package. I have to take them out when Ime home an see how they are. 

I had to google them an see what they even cost. You can get them all off home depots website for 102 bucks. If they live up to what I've heard online there worth that. 

I own quite a bit of tekton hand tools and there ratchet sets that I got from Dan and Eric and they work great but u gotta try out there impact sockets very nice and well priced 

• Like 1

as much as I want to open up new tools christmas morning I don't get any cause they all are to worried if I need it or not or if I have it or not....I told them anything over $1000 cuts down the chances I have it and most likely will cut down the chances I don't need it.....they just laugh.......lol

Same on the tool gifts! Usually if I get a tool it's from my father, as he knows most of the tools I already own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Here's some pics....990d9f627d5a87bbe840dcb0f21145c8.jpg95971520a931924a0b1c4cd50bba870c.jpgd6301e96d5f20b985d4a7e70ed07cb2a.jpg

Beautiful little guy you have their Chris. What a special Christmas. Just wait, next year he'll be mobile! I got to spend Christmas with my nephew who's almost 15 months and it was a riot. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

• Like 1