The Christmas Haul 2016

Conductor562

Aside from a few other things the only tool related gifts I received was a 4 pack of Inkzalls, and a 2 pack of caulking tube savers......but hidden in the tree 3 gift cards $200 Home Depot, $50 Elite Tools $250 Amazon so I guess I will be on a shopping spree soon enough...... 

20161225_201324.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, mike_dave said:

Beautiful little guy you have their Chris. What a special Christmas. Just wait, next year he'll be mobile! I got to spend Christmas with my nephew who's almost 15 months and it was a riot. 

Merry Christmas everyone! 

Thanks Mike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, comp56 said:

Aside from a few other things the only tool related gifts I received was a 4 pack of Inkzalls, and a 2 pack of caulking tube savers......but hidden in the tree 3 gift cards $200 Home Depot, $50 Elite Tools $250 Amazon so I guess I will be on a shopping spree soon enough...... 

20161225_201324.jpg

Never seen those caulk savers... You ever use them before?

• Like 1

20161225_201324.jpg

Those caulk savers are great! I put them on a tube of liquid nails and it was still fresh 3-4 months later! Same with some silicon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, DPSElias said:

Those caulk savers are great! I put them on a tube of liquid nails and it was still fresh 3-4 months later! Same with some silicon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that is great, I never used them before and I know I have thrown away more dried up half used tubes of all kinds of silicon, caulking you name it ..many times....

3 minutes ago, comp56 said:

that is great, I never used them before and I know I have thrown away more dried up half used tubes of all kinds of silicon, caulking you name it ..many times....

Same. Tried big wire nuts and would work OK, but not if it was some obscure color I wouldn't use again for months....

6 hours ago, Bigmikez said:

I own quite a bit of tekton hand tools and there ratchet sets that I got from Dan and Eric and they work great but u gotta try out there impact sockets very nice and well priced 

That's good to hear. Looking forward to taking a closer look an trying them out. 

Really don't need any impact sockets. I have more then I need on those. 

• Like 1

I haven't gotten a chance to get many pictures yet, but Mom & Dad really hooked me up this year. They've always been Christmas people, but they really outdid themselves this year.

I got the benchtop belt/disc sander I wanted (which I knew about), but they also hooked me up with the Devilbiss Starting Line paint gun set, the Drill Doctor 750X, and the Wilton CS4. I'm not even sure how they knew I wanted these things, but I'm guessing Mrs. Conductor was in on it ? They got me enough shit that I left feeling guilty. It's not like they can't afford it, but still.

There is a problem with the vise though. One of the spindle collars is busted. I'm not sure how this would have happened in transit because it certainly appears to have been broken from the inside, but who knows. I'm not sweating it, I'm sure Wilton will make it right.

IMG_6784.JPG

IMG_6785.JPG

I'll get some more pics tomorrow

• Like 5

I spend a lot of money on tools, way more than I need to that is for sure. But I got not a single card that would  buy tools, what the hell is going on? I did get 85 dollars worth of Starbucks though so all is not lost.

Pretty much exactly what happened with me. Except I don't even drink coffee so Starbucks really doesn't do much. Lots of other GC's to restaurants I don't like too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't get gift cards (I saw a few mixed in with presents but the wife snagged them all)

IMG_8379.JPG

i did get get the new portable Kreg work station! Im looking forward to playing with this thing! 

I was tired of getting trendy cloths for Christmas so I requested gifts that would 'help me survive the zombie apocalypse'

My sister got me a survival kit that included this sweet wallet knife and a pocket multitool.

IMG_8381.JPG

my mom bought me this two pack LED Mag lights. Can never have enough Mag lights.

IMG_8380.JPG

• Like 3

As some of y'all already know I bought myself a tan oxx, and I picked up some new work boots. 3d1d774950b63f63bd5a181a11a75564.jpg79bec79e6626e34f285580b5416e7ce2.jpg
My cousin and his wife got me a light up sign of a faux rusted metal Texas flag. Which is pretty awesome, and will sit over my desk. I also got some Starbucks cards, and carhartt socks! I think my family knows I like caffeine, and work related items, even though they don't have to be tools. My parents did get me a new pair of "dress" Ariat's. I'm a simple guy when it comes to boots, and I've been wearing the same model of Ariat roughstock boot for over 11 years, and don't really like the flashy shit, so they managed to buy me the nicest brown roughstock they could find. I really do like them, and moms happy that I won't wear a slightly less faded boot to functions now pic isn't great but they do have a little shine to them.d5daf749a0571d44180f306950141936.jpg
Ps. Yes I cleaned the table!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 3

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Same. Tried big wire nuts and would work OK, but not if it was some obscure color I wouldn't use again for months....

9 hours ago, KnarlyCarl said:

Those caulk savers look great.

A little Plumbers putty in a tube of caulking works great as well. 

2 hours ago, NicolasRamos said:

As some of y'all already know I bought myself a tan oxx, and I picked up some new work boots. 3d1d774950b63f63bd5a181a11a75564.jpg79bec79e6626e34f285580b5416e7ce2.jpg
My cousin and his wife got me a light up sign of a faux rusted metal Texas flag. Which is pretty awesome, and will sit over my desk. I also got some Starbucks cards, and carhartt socks! I think my family knows I like caffeine, and work related items, even though they don't have to be tools. My parents did get me a new pair of "dress" Ariat's. I'm a simple guy when it comes to boots, and I've been wearing the same model of Ariat roughstock boot for over 11 years, and don't really like the flashy shit, so they managed to buy me the nicest brown roughstock they could find. I really do like them, and moms happy that I won't wear a slightly less faded boot to functions now emoji23.png pic isn't great but they do have a little shine to them.d5daf749a0571d44180f306950141936.jpg
Ps. Yes I cleaned the table!

Love me some nice ariats! Good win there.  Tell us how that oxx works out for you though. Been wondering if they are worth it. 

• Like 1

Love me some nice ariats! Good win there.  Tell us how that oxx works out for you though. Been wondering if they are worth it. 

They just fit me good, look good, priced well. And I can work in them. Yes I said it. I love the oxx. It seems to take a little longer than your average Keurig, but to me that's no big deal. I'd rather take this thing to a jobsite, than my keurig. It's just not gonna last a day!Some of my family members complained about it yesterday, but they're more of the fast food, want it now, if the internet stops working(spectrum ) then we're all gonna die kind of folk.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicolasRamos said:

They just fit me good, look good, priced well. And I can work in them. Yes I said it. I love the oxx. It seems to take a little longer than your average Keurig, but to me that's no big deal. I'd rather take this thing to a jobsite, than my keurig. It's just not gonna last a day!Some of my family members complained about it yesterday, but they're more of the fast food, want it now, if the internet stops working(spectrum emoji37.png) then we're all gonna die kind of folk.

My coffee sits in the microwave half the morning anyways haha. I put it in and forget about it till i need my sip. Cold coffee sucks lol. We have a kuerig in the shop office but i stay away from office until I'm forced inside to do my paperwork. This would be nicer to have sitting under my work bench though.  Thanks for info

• Like 1

My coffee sits in the microwave half the morning anyways haha. I put it in and forget about it till i need my sip. Cold coffee sucks lol. We have a kuerig in the shop office but i stay away from office until I'm forced inside to do my paperwork. This would be nicer to have sitting under my work bench though.  Thanks for info

I have a plethora of vacuum insulated tumblers, so I usually get through that first cup by lunch if I'm lucky. Sometimes there's no time! What made me really want the oxx was not having to leave when I really needed another cup on the cold days. Granted it doesn't get as cold here as some of the real cold states, but I'm just more acclimated to the warmer temps. And my comment about taking a bit longer is not due to its ability to heat water. It seems to heat water just fine. But it does it in bursts. I'm still trying to figure out if that's a defect or not in mine. Either way I'm happy with it.

• Like 1

My brother was nice enough to get me a Milwaukee Surge since I've been eyeing it ever since they were announced. 

15665547_10157900899185175_8804806447407517934_n.jpg

I ended up hitting up Acme Tools website last night with the money I received. $175 later I have the following items headed my way.

Dead On Tools Utility Pouch

Milwaukee PH2/SQ2 Double Ended Bit

Milwaukee SQ2/T25 Double Ended Bit

Milwaukee 2PC Demolition Screwdrivers w/ Steel Caps

8" Black Cable Ties (100pk)

Southwire GFCI Receptacle Tester

Southwire Autoranging Multimeter

Southwire Compact Stripper/Cutter

Southwire SIMPULL Fish Tape 100'

I'm going to see why everyone on Instagram is fawning over Southwire like they are the best thing in the world.

• Like 3