Anyone ever built a pallet workshop

Jaybird

if you go around eating out enough you can collect tooth picks and build a shop with them too, won't cost you a dime for the wood......by the time you conjure up enough pallets, pull them apart, yank all the nails cut them to size......may as well straighten all the nails and reuse them too.....na I'd rather sheath it with OSB for $8 a sheet give it a cheap coat of paint every 2 yrs and finish it in 2 long week ends 

• Like 1

if you go around eating out enough you can collect tooth picks and build a shop with them too, won't cost you a dime for the wood......by the time you conjure up enough pallets, pull them apart, yank all the nails cut them to size......may as well straighten all the nails and reuse them too.....na I'd rather sheath it with OSB for $8 a sheet give it a cheap coat of paint every 2 yrs and finish it in 2 long week ends 

Until the big bad wolf comes and blows your shop down...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can easily tear down palettes by running a sawzall down between the ribs and the slats, cutting the nails as you go. After that you just knock the heads out and you're left with good wood to use for projects.

I wouldn't build an entire shop out of palettes but most of my shelving, workbench, etc came from palettes and crates.

• 2 weeks later...

@Jaybird depends on how much your building. Not sure if you would wanna use it for framing material but you could sure give it a try. I would make sure before you start by checking to see what the code requirements for palette wood are. Would be interesting to see what you come up with.

• Like 1

On another forum I am on someone did it...and it looked like it. The labor to take apart and reuse the material far exceeds and real savings in my opionion. Save pallets for craft projects and...well..storing items to move with a forklift or pallet jack.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, overanalyze said:

On another forum I am on someone did it...and it looked like it. The labor to take apart and reuse the material far exceeds and real savings in my opionion. Save pallets for craft projects and...well..storing items to move with a forklift or pallet jack.

Plus, because of the crafts stuff pallets are no longer stuff that people pay to get rid of