Interesting tools

Todd the Tinkerer

I picked up a couple of things through msc industrial supply. The first is an 8 adjustable wrench that is a wide jaw and only 3/16" thick. And the second is pivoting hex head wrenches that are actually good. ccc11e5884f2214e6dc1633284c66429.jpga0538ad7a20be83bc34d30b94f06bef2.jpg2b2e8c2ca0955dc2c9cc2262afe67144.jpg8056434c1734621d4af5df318a107b8a.jpg

What interesting tools do you have???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/45253887?orderedAs=ZP45253887&pxno=55736855&rItem=45253887

The company I work for gets pretty good discounts through them. I have a tool bill and get to order what I want then it is payroll deduct like $20 a week.

Hmmm.....I have all kinds of interesting tools. I'll get some picks tomorrow.

The Channellock adjustables are made by a Spanish company called Irega. They are one of the nicest adjustables made today and they OEM for several other brands as well.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tcoscarelli said:

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/45253887?orderedAs=ZP45253887&pxno=55736855&rItem=45253887

The company I work for gets pretty good discounts through them. I have a tool bill and get to order what I want then it is payroll deduct like $20 a week.

If you don't get a discount MSC is way over priced just like Grainger and Fastenal.

• Like 2

BY FAR the best adjustable wrench I've ever used. I need to pick up the slim jaw in 6" and 8", for the regular jaw I stopped using them and use my pliers wrench...shame that I discovered them a couple months before investing in pliers wrenches. Engineer also makes slim jaw adjustable wrenches.

Never seen those hex wrenches before but I'm a fan of Bondhus,

• Like 2

Hmmm.....I have all kinds of interesting tools. I'll get some picks tomorrow.

The Channellock adjustables are made by a Spanish company called Irega. They are one of the nicest adjustables made today and they OEM for several other brands as well.

Can't wait to see some pics. I haven't had the adjustable very long, but it has a good hand feel. Good to know it is quality.

If you don't get a discount MSC is way over priced just like Grainger and Fastenal.

There normal prices are high. It is like they don't want to sell to the everyday person and only want to deal with companies.

BY FAR the best adjustable wrench I've ever used. I need to pick up the slim jaw in 6" and 8", for the regular jaw I stopped using them and use my pliers wrench...shame that I discovered them a couple months before investing in pliers wrenches. Engineer also makes slim jaw adjustable wrenches.

Never seen those hex wrenches before but I'm a fan of Bondhus,

I found them in there sales flyer. I knew bondhus was good. I like trying new tools I find and I am willing to give them a try and see how they are.

Interesting tools:

Geardriver

wxaiXn2.jpg

Grip-on, locking plier holders:

KKqJXDq.jpg

Engineer screw removing pliers(Seriously, buy these) https://www.amazon.com/Engineer-PZ-58-Screw-Pliers-GT/dp/B002L6HJAA :

61ZPcsOEGgL._SL1280_.jpg

Good looking tools. I have never seen screw removing pliers. How are they?

Good looking tools. I have never seen screw removing pliers. How are they?

Amazing, I have 2 version and haven't ran into anything they couldn't handle,the tooth pattern is different than any other pliers and allows the head to fit in the jaws and still close fairly flush

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Amazing, I have 2 version and haven't ran into anything they couldn't handle,the tooth pattern is different than any other pliers and allows the head to fit in the jaws and still close fairly flush

I'm definitely going to put those on the tool list for the next shopping spree.

I'm definitely going to put those on the tool list for the next shopping spree.

Interesting tools:

Geardriver

wxaiXn2.jpg

Grip-on, locking plier holders:

KKqJXDq.jpg

Engineer screw removing pliers(Seriously, buy these) https://www.amazon.com/Engineer-PZ-58-Screw-Pliers-GT/dp/B002L6HJAA :

61ZPcsOEGgL._SL1280_.jpg

Damn I just had those, and other models of their pliers pop into my Amazon check these out list. Reminded me of H.R. Giger! I didn't read into them much as they were pretty cheap, but after reading that these are meant to remove screws I think I'm going to order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Here's one that popped in my head, the Logica Hextension . I love this thing. While there aren't a whole lot of situations where I've fully realize it's benefit, there's no downside to it either. It's made in America by a start-up company too.

IMG_6841.JPG

Here's the write-up I did on it when I first got it:

http://professional-power-tool-guide.com/2015/07/the-logica-hextension-american-innovation/

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

Here's another that I'd say would fall into the interesting category.

SK ......pivoting......,,I'm not sure what the hell they called them to be honest. They don't make them anymore if that tells you anything.

IMG_6843.JPG

00945189000?qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_us

They're the SK 3 pc. Flexible Pliers Set part number 89103 and it looks like you can still find them at some random online retailers. Places like Amazon and Northern booth list them as unavailable but a few places had them for sale.  Husky apparently has a similar set but they have a pair of tongue and groove instead of the cutters.

Husky-Pivoting-Handle-Indexing-Pliers-Se

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, justinkendall said:

00945189000?qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_us

They're the SK 3 pc. Flexible Pliers Set part number 89103 and it looks like you can still find them at some random online retailers. Places like Amazon and Northern booth list them as unavailable but a few places had them for sale.  Husky apparently has a similar set but they have a pair of tongue and groove instead of the cutters.

Husky-Pivoting-Handle-Indexing-Pliers-Se

I believe they were sold by SK during the later part of the Facom era. I can't imagine why Ideal decided not to continue offering them ?

I'm sure there's that one situation in awkward quarters where they are fantastic, I just haven't found it yet.