Where's home

Theultimatehic

On 1/6/2017 at 7:13 AM, JimboS1ice said:

Suburb called Crete, about 25 minutes south of Chicago, yea minutes that's how we measure distance in the Chicagoland area ha ha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I West Virginia you'll never get directions in miles. All the hills and curves are pretty deceiving for judging distance. You'll always get directions in time format. 

On most secondary roads nobody even pays attention to the speed limit. Some roads don't even have one posted. You can only go so fast on those roads, and if you do have someone from out of town who wants to fly (they have no reason to be there in the first place). You'll probably find them over the hill or around a tree.

Different kinda place this is

• Like 4

Suburb called Crete, about 25 minutes south of Chicago, yea minutes that's how we measure distance in the Chicagoland area ha ha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So roughly 3 miles south of i80!

I was born in Havelock, NC (Cherry Point marine corps base), was a marine brat and moved every year til I was 7, grew up in New Orleans, Louisiana, moved to Des Moines, Iowa as a young adult, and just recently (2013) moved back to Baton Rouge, Louisiana...

Follow me on Instagram @amanteafinewoodworks

• Like 1

I West Virginia you'll never get directions in miles. All the hills and curves are pretty deceiving for judging distance. You'll always get directions in time format. 

On most secondary roads nobody even pays attention to the speed limit. Some roads don't even have one posted. You can only go so fast on those roads, and if you do have someone from out of town who wants to fly (they have no reason to be there in the first place). You'll probably find them over the hill or around a tree.

Different kinda place this is

Sound like my neck of the Texas Hillcountry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Born in Fort Worth and moved a lot due to being an Air Force brat. Lived in: Germany, Utah, California, Alaska, Texas (mainly), and have now lived in Washington near Seattle for about 10yrs.

Interesting thing though, I've lost my Texas accent but not my Texas pride.

• Like 2

minden, nebraska. something like 13 miles south of interstate 80. If you know the arch that spans the interstate in nebraska then the exit is a few miles east of it. Nearest ace, menards, and builders is 20 to 30 mins away. Nearest home depot is 40 to 60 mins away. nearest lowes is 2 hours away.

• Like 1

minden, nebraska. something like 13 miles south of interstate 80. If you know the arch that spans the interstate in nebraska then the exit is a few miles east of it. Nearest ace, menards, and builders is 20 to 30 mins away. Nearest home depot is 40 to 60 mins away. nearest lowes is 2 hours away.

Funny I'm right off of i80, but a few states over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk