Shop vac

CATERPILLAR

11 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

what do use then ? 

you put bags in the shop vac saves the filter they are cheaper

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.1000154880.html?eid=PS_GOOGLE_HD+|+PLAs_Shopping+|+All+Products_All+Products&gclid=CL6Bi9LLztECFZy2wAodxz4CJw

2 minutes ago, comp56 said:

nice but a filter is 10 bucks new better then the one it came with and with free shipping .

3 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

nice but a filter is 10 bucks new better then the one it came with and with free shipping .

your right but it last 10 minutes as soon as you start sucking up fine saw dust it gums up

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CATERPILLAR said:

how good are they i have an 15 year or more ol shop vac and it always getting clocked up with dog hair and shit 

with the bag nothing gets to the filter, you empty the bag and go again filter stays relatively clean always

• Like 1

2 hours ago, comp56 said:

with the bag nothing gets to the filter, you empty the bag and go again filter stays relatively clean always

On a more serious note. Never knew they had reusable filter bags? I picked up a  Gore CleanStream filter at HomeDepot and love the thing. A little pricey, but two years later it still cleans up just like new.

I'll have to try one of these reusable bags with it, thanks for the tip.

• Like 1

Thats probably the original filter

in my shop class one time there was this one kid vacuuming out the cabinet table saw and he didn't realize the vac was full and all the saw dust was shooting out the back just as fast as it was sucking it up after he was done there was a good 1/2 inch of dust spread 10 feet back and 3 feet wide looked like it just snowed 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, comp56 said:

your right but it last 10 minutes as soon as you start sucking up fine saw dust it gums up

Cement or drywall dust too!

I use the M18 vacuum whenever possible in houses, and that has a washable filter that doesn't collapse like a shop vac filter.... it doesn't take much to dry it out, either.

• Like 1