Radioshack going out of business sale

BMack37

This link has a list of stores closing, you may want to check this before wasting time reading this post. http://www.businessinsider.com/list-of-radioshack-stores-closing-2017-3

Went in today to see what kind of deals they had and was pleasantly surprised. 90% off some connectors/adapters and 70% off audio cables. Some of the stuff was 50% off so I left those alone, was talking with the girl at the register and she said I did good because those 50% items were 70% off yesterday. They still looked fully stocked, no wonder they're going out of business, they can't give some of this stuff away. Last day is April 2nd for a lot of stores. Hopefully they'll have fixtures available for sale.

Here are some prices(only the top left cable was only 50% off):

btsJ3eE.jpg

Prices on these are for each pack.

PnoAU6N.jpg

Along those 90% off in this second picture is LEDs, switches, fuses, battery holders, fuse holders. The alligator clips are really nice quality.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nordraw said:

I would believe that Ikea would go under.

IKEA is one of the largest retailers in the world with almost 400 stores and  180,000 employees all over the world.  While size isn't really proof that they're going to last forever, a company of that size doesn't disappear quickly or without serious mismanagement. 

15 hours ago, khariV said:

IKEA is one of the largest retailers in the world with almost 400 stores and  180,000 employees all over the world.  While size isn't really proof that they're going to last forever, a company of that size doesn't disappear quickly or without serious mismanagement. 

I know but it was intended to be a joke answer.

5 hours ago, FlaveNico said:

wish i saw this earlier today,, drove 8 miles to the one i thought was closest,,, i see  signs "available for rent" i the windows, home depot was next door but have a lousy audio section.

You will hate what I bought today. A very good quality Speakon 16' cable and pretty good 1/4" 25' braided cables for $2.88 each.

Check the stores closing and then give them a call. The stores are closing based on their lease and a time table. One closed today, three others close Sunday.

The automotive fuses are a damn good deal, they appear to be Bussmann. I think it was about $1 for a combination pack of 16.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a sad day, all my favorite stores growing up are going out of business Sears and Radio Shack :(  Sears had retail by the balls back in the day wouldn't have taken much for them to remain on top but they F-ed that up.

Wally World (Walmart) has been the undoing of many businesses. It has been ruthlessly efficient, like Rockefeller's Standard Oil, but not always good for the country in the long run. I guess when we are all replaced by robots, they may feel the pinch, but figure they will get in on the robot revolution and by-pass us anyway. C'est la vie!

@Jronman I don't think Sears is done just yet but they are hemorrhaging hence the latest sale of the craftsman brand to Stanley BD, they are doing many things to try to stay relevant and profitable, but I think the writing is on the wall for this once giant and it makes me sad (even though I don't shop them anymore since Craftsman went over seas)

12 hours ago, DPSElias said:

@Jronman I don't think Sears is done just yet but they are hemorrhaging hence the latest sale of the craftsman brand to Stanley BD, they are doing many things to try to stay relevant and profitable, but I think the writing is on the wall for this once giant and it makes me sad (even though I don't shop them anymore since Craftsman went over seas)

I swear there needs to be two books written about Sears:

1) How to destroy the reputation and good financial standing of a leading retailer.

2) How to strategically liquidate assets to extend a filing of bankruptcy for a decade and a half despite bleeding bank loads of money.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BMack37 said:

I swear there needs to be two books written about Sears:

1) How to destroy the reputation and good financial standing of a leading retailer.

2) How to strategically liquidate assets to extend a filing of bankruptcy for a decade and a half despite bleeding bank loads of money.

LOL the sad sad truth...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    garikb
    Newest Member
    garikb