New stuff heading our way

Jronman

1 hour ago, Framer joe said:

I think Milwaukee stays out of woodworking....I think lackluster sales of the 10" mitre changed their mind....ope duel batt will be next for them...and a bigger battery 

I'd like to see Milwaukee either up their 28 Volt range, or go head to head with Flexvolt. I love Red tools, but as said elsewhere on this forum, 18 Volts doesn't cover everything! 

M28 would be a half measure. Leave that corpse in the grave, no fan of Milwaukee wants NPS17 to be Weekend at Bernie's. M18x2 or bust. They preached the gospel of single battery platform benefits far too zealously to make major changes. All that does is damage their credibility.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Bremon said:

They preached the gospel of single battery platform benefits far too zealously 

Makita is the only one this can apply to. With using only one battery platform you got 3 areas covered that other companies split up into  2 or 3 battery platforms. They got subcompact, 18v, and x2. The m18/m12 combo chargers almost make up for it though since you only need one charger for 2 different batteries.

It's tough to state a way of life for Milwaukee....then change . Really tough spot to be in ..they condemned all companies with an x2 platform stating they only need one big 9ah...and also higher voltage.......

....it will be interesting to see what Milwaukee does and how they explain it to everyone...

• Like 1

M18 sds max, they brag of twenty minutes chipping time! That's crap! I'd rather get the corded tool out! They need to up the voltage for the same power output and thus improve efficiency. Flexvolt is heading in the right direction. 

X2 would solve a lot of their problems and save a lot of face imo. A new platform would be embarrassing after last year's PR. I'm optimistic we'll see some great stuff from them next week but if it's a new battery platform I'll likely just laugh and buy more yellow. 

Well they could stretch it with a 10.5 amp battery with 20700 cells. The 3.5 amp lithium cells metabo uses is their 7amp LIHD .

A battery as such ( tho being thesize if not bigger of most 36v batteries ) would let them stretch the whole ' one big battery is enough ' idea

• Like 1

I don't think any tricks exist as nifty as FlexVolt. X2 M18 is still less embarrassing than a new battery platform. They really came down hard on Dewalt for having even more new batteries, at least they can claim loyalty to M18 customers and a firm commitment to that platform. 

^That's also a good point @kornomaniac. Would be pretty funny after HD9.0 last year to get an XHD10.5. eXtremely High Demand ?.

They wouldn't be able to claim 125+ tool compatibility however without a 3rd version of the octagon and pretending the lunchbox vac doesn't  exist. The HD9.0 just barely squeezes in there as it is. 

Lower voltage and higher capacity does have a big benefit, it reduces the load per cell thus increasing pack life. However, this is still less efficient than a high voltage set-up. Six and two threes? 

6 hours ago, Bremon said:

X2 would solve a lot of their problems and save a lot of face imo. A new platform would be embarrassing after last year's PR. I'm optimistic we'll see some great stuff from them next week but if it's a new battery platform I'll likely just laugh and buy more yellow. 

If it's a new platform Jimbo might have an aneurysm...

• Like 3