10 AH Homemade Kobalt Battery

eightyseven

And it would only cost $100, since the 2.0 batteries are $20 a piece. I'm gun-shy on attempting this myself since I have no soldering experience, but if I were to start off experimenting I'd try combining the $10 1.5 amp batteries. Kobalt's 24v stuff is awesome btw.

His videos are indeed really cool overall.

6 minutes ago, aabee said:

And it would only cost $100, since the 2.0 batteries are $20 a piece. I'm gun-shy on attempting this myself since I have no soldering experience, but if I were to start off experimenting I'd try combining the $10 1.5 amp batteries. Kobalt's 24v stuff is awesome btw.

His videos are indeed really cool overall.

It's not that difficult, just make sure to NOT use lead-free solder and get some flux paste. Lead-free solder is not necessary and it has a higher melting point. You'd want flux core solder, 60/40 or 63/37.

Not gunna lie I've pondered doing this with some random cells I have into a black top Dewalt battery... Only thing that's stopped me is the randomness of the cells... Though I have considered grabbing a pile of Kobalts to do this too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2017 at 11:57 AM, Cr8ondt said:

Not gunna lie I've pondered doing this with some random cells I have into a black top Dewalt battery... Only thing that's stopped me is the randomness of the cells... Though I have considered grabbing a pile of Kobalts to do this too.

don't use random cells to do this with, get new cells of the same type, preferrably Exactly the same brand and and model.