are flexvolt not selling well?

framer

i noticed a couple home depots clearancing out the flexvolt table and miter saws.  i'd imagine those two are slow sellers.  the boxes looked fairy dusted.

The DeWalt contract for the end cap is nearing its end. If FlexVolt is selling well at certain stores they will stay there. Other stores with slower sales will clear them out for better shelf space use.
  • Like 2

I still buy it but so far my stuff is the only stuff I've seen in person outside a store or online. No one in my crew will buy Flexvolt. Maybe they will once the boss retires and they take over. I cant even sell brand new flexvolt stuff for cheap to them.

• Like 1

I can't speak for the traditional cordless tools, however, I have heard that their miter saw and table saw have not sold that well... which slightly makes sense to me because those tools are not your typical tools that move all over... unlike a grinder, recip saw, drill, etc. I saw a live demo on the table saw and I thought it was pretty nice to be honest, plus the miter saw is pretty cutting edge in my opinion ( no pun intended?).

• Like 2

The 780 last a long time..it is a great tool. Finish guys will hang on to it. We have 2 flex mitre at work ,we love em...but we are trying to be all cordless , because power  is a tough find......I personally love my cordless Dewalt table saw, I'm waiting for the 10" cordless mitre for myself....

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Table saw I get but the miter should be doing decent. Probably a lot of people already have the 780 and can't justify the upgrade...(me). 

I'm kinda impressed my work has something as new as a DW718 and a newer DeWALT table saw. I can wish the guys care more about tools but golf, hunting, and drinking are a thing.

10 hours ago, FrosBros82 said:

I can't speak for the traditional cordless tools, however, I have heard that their miter saw and table saw have not sold that well... which slightly makes sense to me because those tools are not your typical tools that move all over... unlike a grinder, recip saw, drill, etc. I saw a live demo on the table saw and I thought it was pretty nice to be honest, plus the miter saw is pretty cutting edge in my opinion ( no pun intended?).

The idea of those tools being cordless is nice but most of the time bigger tools are set up as a cut station with AC power anyways or a generation is being used in the first place. It's cool but in reality its a narrow market I can see some of these tools being nice for re modelers because of space and access 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DR99 said:

The idea of those tools being cordless is nice but most of the time bigger tools are set up as a cut station with AC power anyways or a generation is being used in the first place. It's cool but in reality its a narrow market I can see some of these tools being nice for re modelers because of space and access 

I completely agree with you. If you are working off the back of your truck these are perfect... our particular job has the 12" miter and table saw in one spot. However, we do have a cordless 7.5" DEWALT miter that we can use floor to floor. Again, this all depends on what you do for a living, in my opinion. 

• Like 3