Dang it Doesn't Feel Good to be a (Tool) Gangsta...

fm2176

So, here I am on day six of leave.  The hurricane affected my plans of continuing a drywall project earlier this week and yesterday I started feeling a bit off.  This morning: nausea and a lack of motivation to drive two hours to a house without power and work in the heat.  So, the plan is to work on my school assignments, nap this afternoon, and head out this evening or early afternoon.  We'll see how that works out.

Anyway, tools are packed, including a bunch of new Goldblatt drywall tools picked up at Lowe's when they switched to Marshalltown.  They are just the latest of many acquisitions made for 75% or more off.  The funny thing is, the brands they switch to have identical tools at times, proving it all comes from the same factories.  I have a few Kobalt knee boards picked up when Lowe's switched to Goldblatt a few years back.  Comparing the two, the only difference was color and branding.

Anyway, I've stuffed most of the drywall tools, to include two DeWalt screwguns and one cutout tool, into a Ridgid bottom; have Ridgid and Milwaukee chargers along with batteries in a small box; and a tote crammed with two fans and the Gen 5X vacuum up top.  My DS450 has other 20v Max stuff, with a DS300 containing various tools, DS130 loaded with 20v Max batteries and charger, and the TS radio attached on top of everything. I'm also taking the 20v Max wet/dry vacuum and Ridgid compressor along with more serious tools like my Winchester 1200 Riot and Beretta M92F (I'm Old School in firearm tastes these days).

Anyway, if I put half the effort into finishing that project as I put in here the house would be sold by now.  We start another 14-week cycle in two weeks, turning clueless teenaged boys into men equipped with the basics needed to survive modern warfare.  Fortunately I'll be at a school for half of that time, maximizing time off and just maybe doing something more productive than watching YouTube and commenting on tools.  

That's true.  I'm fairly certain Marshalltown used to be at Home Depot, and I've posted here about recent deals on Fatmax box levels when Lowe's recently switched to another brand.  

Lowe's has at least brought back a limited number of Ideal electrical tools.  I made out well when they put everything on clearance a few years ago in favor of Southwire.  To be honest, I don't think I've purchased a Southwire tool to date.  

13 hours ago, fm2176 said:

That's true.  I'm fairly certain Marshalltown used to be at Home Depot, and I've posted here about recent deals on Fatmax box levels when Lowe's recently switched to another brand.  

Lowe's has at least brought back a limited number of Ideal electrical tools.  I made out well when they put everything on clearance a few years ago in favor of Southwire.  To be honest, I don't think I've purchased a Southwire tool to date.  

They brought back some Fluke too.

20 hours ago, Conductor562 said:

HD doesn't carry Marshalltown anymore?

No, they stopped earlier this year, I think; of course they put everything on clearance at the time.  They sell Wal-Board brand stuff now. 

Speaking of drywall, I spent the day taping and putting the first coat of joint compound on and will be curious how it ultimately turns out.  Drywall has always been one of my least favorite things to deal with (along with painting).  I guess I hate messy jobs that trigger my OCD...  Anyway, I've been doing a little research since buying the adhesive mesh tape and metal/paper corner bead, and both seem to be met with mixed opinions.  It doesn't help that the house is a manufactured home and while thousands of staples were pulled we still missed a handful, which will require repairs to the new drywall.  I'm not looking forward to the task of completing this project, but I am looking forward to when my wife can finally get rid of the house.