My first shop so far.

Jronman

I have been converting my garage into a small shop. I designed it so I could easily move things to make room for both of my parents vehicles when I am done working for the day.

This is storage mode.

IMG_0631.thumb.jpeg.10edad0cf712735ad9630b04db10b4a7.jpeg

The larger table was rebuilt to better fit my needs. was also out of square and is much better than it was. I usually pull out the larger table where I do most of the work. I use the clipboard for my notes and whatnot for the current project. Great for showing where to cut pieces out of the plywood. most of the stuff hanging on the wall is my dads stuff collected over the years.

IMG_0450.thumb.jpeg.14f248a52c0c39ee3a71aa9bb78f9090.jpeg

This is my miter station setup. The vac gets moved around between the tools. The open half of the miter station currently is being used for rough cut pieces for my current project. large clamps and small guide rails go on the wall.

IMG_8223.thumb.jpeg.ac11e6031c74a8e1f65b677f33eef873.jpeg

This is a shelf I built from scrap wood from when I rebuilt a work table previously in the garage. Stores smaller items and small clamps. it also is where I charge my batteries and my mom said I needed a clock which is more helpful than I thought.

IMG_4354.thumb.jpeg.44a73f7d9f994b84d15380709d467084.jpeg

On the other half of the garage is where I have my various boxes. I also use my blower for cleanup. I got a few Festool boxes, a couple screw boxes which I changed the setup a bit to where i separated the large bins into one box and small bins into another box. I also have screws labeled with sizes and whatnot. I got a couple ds130's. one for my batteries and another to hold my recip saw and accessories. To the left of the systainer is the back wall where plywood and lumber is being stored.

IMG_6362.thumb.jpeg.4f070fb14eeec2abc74e944826abc5b0.jpeg

More boxes and my table saw setup. I made a dust catch thingy from scrap wood and cut a hole in the back to slide the vac hose through. I feel it does a decent job considering the vac hose is smaller in diameter than the saw's dust port. The ds400 houses extra chargers, kreg k5 jig, and a planer. The ds300 is my "work box". it holds my drill, impact, light, omt, screw/drill bits, and omt accessories. Not much else worth mentioning in it. the tstak holds my track saw.

IMG_1722.thumb.jpeg.a37bb4ea2f4e3b7449a0947330bccef6.jpeg

• Like 6

Nice setup! I also use my Ego blower to clean up the garage. Blow the remaining saw dust out of the garage and let nature take it's course.

I typically spill large amounts of sawdust and chips on the floor, I have my RIDGID vac under my bench and enough hose to reach the whole shop. What doesn’t gets vacuumed? EGO baby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, JimboS1ice said:

I typically spill large amounts of sawdust and chips on the floor, I have my RIDGID vac under my bench and enough hose to reach the whole shop. What doesn’t gets vacuumed? EGO baby!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup, vacuum the big pieces and blow the rest out. I blow the tools out with compressed air, the compressor turns on when I flip the switch for my bench work light.

• 1 month later...
On October 12, 2017 at 10:14 PM, BMack37 said:

Yup, vacuum the big pieces and blow the rest out. I blow the tools out with compressed air, the compressor turns on when I flip the switch for my bench work light.

I just go straight to the Ego when I blow off my tools haha. Somethings get a quick wipe with CMT's cleaner.

Got this guy put up yesterday. Hopefully I can get the second one up today. Used the hammer function on my DCD996 for the first time so I could join the treated 2x4 to the floor. drained my compact pack rather quickly. Had to switch to a flex to finish the job. It was reasonably easy to instal. Hardest part was getting the brackets on and in the right spot. I'm thinking about getting a couple more organizers and trying out the new 3 drawer unit to add to the collection to put some of my dads stuff in them. 

image.thumb.jpg.0610b6f40c832c00b89513df342677e9.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

That is a nice setup!  While having a massive dedicated shop would be ideal, few of us have the resources to make it a reality.  You have the makings of an outstanding shop; imagine how great it will be when you have a garage (or workshop) to yourself!  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Basement shop here. My Wife would literally kill me if I did that 👍

23 minutes ago, Nordraw said:

I EGO my garage out a couple of times a week

I use the small dewalt 20v, and blow out through garage door each day when I leave !!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ChrisK said:

Basement shop here. My Wife would literally kill me if I did that 👍

Even if the garage door is down I'll EGO mine, it's like a broom...also great for getting the dust and wood off of tools, get it in a general area then sweep and vacuum. Low power of course.

• Like 2