Upcoming Events

Jronman

Thought we could use one of these. A place to post about currents and upcoming tool events. Your one stop shop about the most current and up to date tool event information. If there is an event you want to talk about just post about it here. 

I will start. There is 2 worth mentioning.

GIE+ Expo 2017 is currently going on. It is heavy on the landscaping trades but there can be a other tools as well.

STAFDA 2017 will be coming up in around 20 days. Will be held in Austin Texas this year. I would expect to see quite a few new tools here.

• Like 1

At GIE+ Expo I seen Ego has a new pole hedge trimmer attachment for the power plus system and a new mower. Makita had the new cart for guys to demo but this time it was the wheelbarrow version and not the flatbed version. They also had various saws and OPE too. 

STAFDA seems to have a good turnout for exhibitors. Bosch is going, Chervon (owners of Ego, Skil, Skilsaw), DeWALT, Diablo, and many more big brands plus quite a few brands we maybe haven't heard of before. Id expect at least one new Flexvolt item and maybe Makita's battery with 21700 cells to be shown off. Maybe a couple new options in the packout line. Bosch will probably show off some appliances maybe have some connected tools.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah I'm sure any tool event would be fun. I might be going to the Festool one next year. That is if it is in the same location as this year. Would be my first tool event. I guess theres a local one that happens every year. My work sometimes goes. I haven't gone yet.

• 2 weeks later...

apparently 20 new Makita tools at STAFDA. Theres a new 12 in sliding miter based off the new 10 in miter, bluetooth vacs, a 16 g 18v nailer, subcompact impact wrench with special bolt/nut mode, and a 6.5 in non sliding miter. 

Bosch has also come out with a new green laser.

Rolair has a compressor systainer and it appears to be coming to north america. $475 usd

The new Diablo demo cic saw blades are impressive. They not only cut nail embedded wood they cut lag bolt imbedded wood. cut a piece with 80 lag bolts with ease.

@Framer joe DeWALT HAS A NEW FLEX SAW!!! MORE POWA!!. handheld concrete saw.

• Like 1

Ya @Bremon talked about demo demon blades a while ago...he is right there is a big difference using a tracking point diablo blade vs a Flexvolt blade....

....   @Jronman love the continuous tools coming out. I’ll probably get that for my boss to cut foundation pockets when they are put in the wrong spot (which is almost every house) right now we chip em out with an “sds” ....but don’t know about the water aspect, none around.....

.....that Tstak radio looks sweet :)...hope it sounds like it’s big brother (tough system)..........great job finding this stuff !!!!!!!!!

Usually use a sump pump in a 55 gallon barrel of water in the back of my pickup for concrete saws and core drills. If you're going truly cordless I suppose you could use an M18 transfer pump instead. I've never actually seen a corded concrete saw. Just use a gas powered Hilti so I feel like a flex version would be under whelming.

I just don’t know much about them, not in my line of work...(except for cutting foundation pockets for the girt)....do I want it ? Ya ,It would look cool sitting on my shelf...maybe user videos will sway me...we’ll see. I don’t buy every Dewalt tool, no tool connect tools for me.......I’m sure there’s a need or they wouldn’t have made it...

• 4 weeks later...

World of Concrete 2018 should be happening in January far as I know. Rumor has it there will be one new flexvolt tool there that we haven't already seen. Maybe a flex demo hammer? I don't know of any other stuff from other companies. I expect Makita's new bluetooth vacs to be there. I don't know if Festool goes to WoC but rumor has it the Festool bluetooth battery is supposed to be announced early 2018

I don't know if any tools get shown off at this but CES 2018 usually happens in January. I know Bosch has been there. Might just be their appliance division. Not sure if it is worth looking into?

• 4 weeks later...