Reconditioned Festool Unboxing...what to expect.

ChrisK

Yeah, she’s quite nice but this is a total production router. The weight and size is massive. I am hoping to move my shop outside in the next two years and will start panel flattening with this beast.  For now, I’ll be running my largest profile bits and cutting large mortises.

It doesn’t matter bro. Check the site link I attached and refresh: by the time you get an email it’s mostly sold out so keep refreshing it throughout the day. I think they have the 2200 in stock. They had the MFK700 set two days ago. I’m waiting for an 18v Carvex or the TS75

Also, I commented to yours on YouTube

Correct Jason, the only indication it is a recon is a paper decal on the box and of course the serial number is tracked by Festool. You will start seeing these showing up on eBay and listed as new so be careful. The warranty is not as long for a recon so you could get screwed.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChrisK said:

It doesn’t matter bro. Check the site link I attached and refresh: by the time you get an email it’s mostly sold out so keep refreshing it throughout the day. I think they have the 2200 in stock. They had the MFK700 set two days ago. I’m waiting for an 18v Carvex or the TS75

Also, I commented to yours on YouTube

Seems nice that it updates regularly.

10 minutes ago, rrich1 said:

Thanks @ChrisK I've been watching the site for a while to see what pricing is. I've wondered how they. Ame. 

Keep an eye open. All I have seen thus far is the OF2200, the MFK700 and the Conturo. Supposedly they had some DC units on a week or so ago but alas, nothing else that I’ve seen. 

5 minutes ago, ChrisK said:

Keep an eye open. All I have seen thus far is the OF2200, the MFK700 and the Conturo. Supposedly they had some DC units on a week or so ago but alas, nothing else that I’ve seen. 

They had 2 dc's, smaller router, domino, and possibly a ts55 but I can't remember for sure lately. 

@ChrisK @rrich1 dc? 

I'm contemplating getting a vac if one shows up. My current one has reasonable power but has a fairly small capacity in both hose diameter and tank size. I've been looking at the 10 gallon DeWALT because the cfm is higher compared to other comparable units and has dual hepa filters that auto clean. I looked at Festool units a fair bit since I have a bit of Festool now. I like the idea of the Makita backpack but power is not quite there with corded vacs and I don't have any Makita batteries yet. The Hilti 300 cfm Monsta is just cool and I'm not sure there is anyone who wouldn't want it. The rest are kinda off my radar. 

[mention=2255]ChrisK[/mention] [mention=50861]rrich1[/mention] dc? 

I'm contemplating getting a vac if one shows up. My current one has reasonable power but has a fairly small capacity in both hose diameter and tank size. I've been looking at the 10 gallon DeWALT because the cfm is higher compared to other comparable units and has dual hepa filters that auto clean. I looked at Festool units a fair bit since I have a bit of Festool now. I like the idea of the Makita backpack but power is not quite there with corded vacs and I don't have any Makita batteries yet. The Hilti 300 cfm Monsta is just cool and I'm not sure there is anyone who wouldn't want it. The rest are kinda off my radar. 
Dust collector

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk