worth buying flexvolt right angle drill for 199?

framer

1 hour ago, framer said:

local store is clearancing them out.  seems like a great price. with one battery and charger. but what can i drill with it?  seems like its geared towards electricians and plumbers.

It is geared towards electricians and plumbers just like the Milwaukee Hole Hawg and Super Hawg are but it can be useful for many trades that either require large holes drilled, work in confined areas where a normal sized drill can't fit, or need to mix something like drywall mud, concrete, paint, etc.

I paid $249 for my Hole Hawg recently because the Flexvolt was $400 for a single battery kit and I haven't gotten into the Flexvolt line yet whereas I already have a lot of M18 batteries. I would have jumped on that deal no questions asked.

I have that drill; I don’t use it often but it’s a lifesaver when I do. Way safer for big holes and can mix materials no problems without taxing it, or spending money on a dedicated mixer like the new Fuel model; I don’t mix stuff everyday so it’s better to have a more versatile tool. 

• Like 1