DeWalt 20v Max LINE

firefighter4187

It's a nice line. Dewalt was the last holdout on the slide on packs, but now that they've committed to the change and it's clear that 20V Max is the primary line going forward, it's certainly worth investing in. They've really got on the ball and finally have a decent selection of tools in the line which wasn't the case a year or so ago. If I had it to do over again today I'd still invest in the Milwaukee line, but I certainly couldn't fault anyone for choosing Dewalt. They're still miles behind Milwaukee in the 12V category though.  

The only down side to the 20v max is you still can't get some of the tools as a bare tool like the sds drill. Milwaukee consistently offers the bare tool right at the launch of the tool. Like conductor mentioned i just ended up going with Milwaukee just because I liked the fuel drill and impact driver better.

I have an old black and decker and is still going.

The old B&D was good stuff. In 1992 they started rebranding their pro grade handheld power tools as Dewalt and B&D was relegated to a DIY/budget pro type brand. Over time, with the acquisition of Porter Cable around 2004, B&D is primarily a homeowner tool now. Up until just a couple years ago we still had old B&D stuff sitting around the shop from the mid 70's. A guy that used to post here a lot had quite a collection of old B&D tools.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...