Metabo HPT dual volt...ac or DC tools

Framer joe

• 2 weeks later...
It's actually multivolt, which makes no sense in my head. There is no power tool battery that can manage several voltages (3 or above, hence multi). Like framerjoe called it, dualvolt, that sounds better to me [emoji6]

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

Multiple or MultiVolt is accurate and sounds fine to me. It's more than 1 voltage so by definition, multiple works.

Dual is more specific as it specifically denotes 2. Either isn't wrong. I think MultiVolt sounds better.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Multiple or MultiVolt is accurate and sounds fine to me. It's more than 1 voltage so by definition, multiple works.

Dual is more specific as it specifically denotes 2. Either isn't wrong. I think MultiVolt sounds better.

Sorry but I have to disagree with you man [emoji16]
Here is how I see it:
1=single
2=dual
3 or more= multi

Skickat från min LG-H815 via Tapatalk

What happened to triple or quadruple? If your going that route then.

Well they are followed by quintuple, sextuple, septuple, octuple and so on, so on...

A friend of mine made me think twice today about my statement, he took a video game as example and told me that two players can play together and that makes it a multiplayer game so I guess it does make kinda sense to call it multivolt.
You win Travis! [emoji16]

Skickat från min SGP511 via Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I seen multivolt at my local Menards. Metabo HTP has really improved the design of their stuff as of late and if feels nice. I remember back when people use to say Hitachi had an alien design. I am not sure why on the tab on the battery slot on the recip sticks down so much. It probably a good 1in. There is one design flaw of this recip vs some other recips. If the chuck has slid all the way back after you stop the saw, you can't get your fingers in to rotate it to remove the blade. If the chuck has slide all the way forward you shouldn't have much issue. It isn't a big issue but could potentially be one. I'm sure other recips with similar blade releases could have similar issues but I'm not sure.

• Like 1

I've noticed that tab as well. I have the 18V version and I figured maybe it's so any leaning on the back of the saw (to push it hard onto the shoe) does not transfer to the battery and it's clips. If that's the case, then it's a good feature. Otherwise all that forward pressure will go onto the battery clip mechanism (like you're forcibly trying to remove the battery without pressing the release buttons). 

Their angle grinders also have that tab.

Multivolt looks great.

12 hours ago, Jronman said:

I seen multivolt at my local Menards. Metabo HTP has really improved the design of their stuff as of late and if feels nice. I remember back when people use to say Hitachi had an alien design. I am not sure why on the tab on the battery slot on the recip sticks down so much. It probably a good 1in. There is one design flaw of this recip vs some other recips. If the chuck has slid all the way back after you stop the saw, you can't get your fingers in to rotate it to remove the blade. If the chuck has slide all the way forward you shouldn't have much issue. It isn't a big issue but could potentially be one. I'm sure other recips with similar blade releases could have similar issues but I'm not sure.

I have some corded milwaukee recips that have the problem. A real PITA at times. The side tab like on metabo/dewalt etc is much easier to use as chuck position is not relevant.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, method said:

I have some corded milwaukee recips that have the problem. A real PITA at times. The side tab like on metabo/dewalt etc is much easier to use as chuck position is not relevant.

Makita still has the older design but with a few tweaks. I don't think their chuck goes into the housing like the Metabo HTP and it is also spring loaded which would seem helpful.

• 1 month later...

In theory it sounds like a good idea to have a corded adapter and I can see using it for stationary tools ex: table/miter saw.  But on a grinder I just can't see myself ever using this adapter.  Even in our shop where we have outlets every 6' and multiple extension cord reels, 90% of the time I'm using a cordless grinder.  The other 10% where I have to use a corded grinder I would rather use a dedicated corded that has better ergonomics.

I think this is a brilliant idea for high demand applications like a 9" grinder, vacuum etc. I agree I don't see it being that useful on a sabre saw, circular saw, drill, 5" grinder etc as a few of the high capacity batteries are good enough to last a day now.