Just saw this article Milwaukee isn't phasing out brushed tools

DR99

Wow, thats great, now these brushed tools are going to be like Milwaukees lower end of power tools vs. there higher end of brushless? Correct! I am very glad i switched to Milwaukee, even thou I probably wont buy any of this stuff, I am happy that I went with a company that is smart and has options for everyone! I like how they kept the grip design different then the Fuel so you can easily tell the difference!

Great Find DR99

I too am surprised Milwaukee will continue with their brushed line. Anything that gives the user more options is a good thing though.

If Milwaukee can produce an impact that surpasses the IR W7150 I'll be pretty damn impressed. I've been buying hand tools for the last year or more, but it's time to invest in some power tools.

Milwaukee is kind of confusing on the ratings on their brushed tools they have some that only have 450fp of torque and they have some with 750 fp of torque. The Fuel with xc batteries has 725 fp of torque. I really want the brushless saws and the tool less change multitool that's a big improvement over the m12 multitool I have.

Toolless blade changes on multi-tools is awesome. My PC has it. 

I didnt know you had a PC.....

And I think that Fuel Multi tool is going to be my first oscillating tool......to bad i have to wait 5 months.... I may want that brushless circular saw even more..Its very mean and boy does it have power! It will be interesting to see when the specs come out on it if it does have more power than a corded saw.

Bosch and PC have been the best at updating their multitools Fein is the originator of it but they are really expensive. I would have liked to have  see Milwaukee come out with some cordless nailers a trim nailer would be awesome yet suck because I have a Paslode framer and trim nailer allready. Milwaukee is really geared to plumbing and electrical work with some general contracting tools in the mix. Dewalt is more set up for general contracting they have table saws and such.

I heard that the Milwaukee Compound sliding Miter is hard to beat but now i think the new DeWalt DWS780 is a new miter saw leader....I would like to see Milwaukee release a table saw, Knowing them it would have some very innovative features....I would be a happy camper if Milwaukee would release a M18 finish nailer and Tool storage!

I don't even think Home depot stocks the Milwaukee mitersaw in store though your pretty limited to buying it online only Milwaukee could put out a rebaged Ridigid table saw. TTI builds the power tools for Rigid the plumbing tools and other stuff is still made by Emerson electric its pretty much anything Ridgid sold at HD is made by TTI the stuff you get at supply stores is made by Emerson its strange how that whole deal works.

It's a weird deal with ridgid power tools emerson electric owns the name HD uses it for their in store brand like Husky which was a independent tool maker at one time. It's confusing with all these exclusivity deals tool makers and stores have now. Home Depot really has it the best the have Makita and Milwaukee as brands that their stores can only carry their is a lawsuit going on about this going on right now. Lowes has been screwed over pretty bad by all of this but if you notice Home Depot is way more contractor oriented than Lowes. Lowes has more decoration type items I will say lowes has way cleaner stores than the HD.

Here is an article about the whole deal It's most about how HD is trying to stay competitive against amazon in power tools, and how orchard tools got caught in the middle. http://www.fastcompany.com/3004439/home-depots-war-amazon-causes-collateral-damage-lawsuit

That is low, underhanded, conniving, cheap. That is why we can't buy Milwaukee anywhere else locally except Home Depot.  Isn't that illegal?  Is Home Depot paying them to not sell anywhere else.  I guess that's why people are calling them the Orange Borg.

I would be in heaven if Lowes would sell Milwaukee, I go there a lot more than HD...You are right about cleaner, at my Lowes the tool section is in tip top shape..Thats a bummer for me that the Multi tool is not brushless, that makes 0 sense......They release all these big fuel tools but the Multi tool isn't...huh and thats right when Bosch released there brushless multi tool. That means I have to wait longer for it....Why would I buy that Multi tool then a year later they release a Fuel version.......?

Brushless is nice, but we're getting a little spoiled here. Don't over emphasize the importance of brushless motors. Yes they are nice, and yes there are some advantages, but the fact that a tool isn't brushless should not be a total turn off. We were just touting Milwaukee in another thread for giving the user the option of brushed or brushless, perhaps scolding them for not making the initial M18 brushless is jumping the gun a bit? Besides, they haven't said that it will or won't be brushless, we're just assuming. 

That is low, underhanded, conniving, cheap. That is why we can't buy Milwaukee anywhere else locally except Home Depot. Isn't that illegal? Is Home Depot paying them to not sell anywhere else. I guess that's why people are calling them the Orange Borg.

In grand rapids alone there are 6 different stores that carry a full lineup of Milwaukee tools, something home depot will never carry in the stores.

In grand rapids alone there are 6 different stores that carry a full lineup of Milwaukee tools, something home depot will never carry in the stores.

Our B&M tool options around here are limited almost entirely to HD & Lowe's.