Let the buying begin!

Conductor562

As I was saying on another thread, I have about $2500 dollars to spend on whatever the hell I want before I start making a huge house payment. I've made up my mind on a few things. Just for shits and giggles, I picked up this today:

MLW_6146-30.jpg

Milwaukee 6146-30 (11 amp 4-1/2"). My old 7 amp Dewalt has been a trooper, but I wanted something with a little more ass behind it. 

I'll keep everyone apprised of my purchases.  

Conductor is going to be grinding all night. Sorry couldn't help it been having crazy insomnia the past few nights, but congrats on the new tool. I just have the Ryobi 18v grinder I kind of wish i never bought it's not that its a bad tool I only really needed it for one project.

I was at a friends house and he had 20 gallon craftsman oilless compressor that thing was so insanely loud and it's the worlds most annoying sound at the same time. That's what made me get the Paslode cordless nailers I though all compressors were loud.

A lot of shops have them in a room on the back of the shop, out of the way, for that very reason. For my needs, a 60 gallon shouldn't kick on very often. If I'm blasting or something I can always wear ear plugs.

Just placed a $410 Proto order at zoro tools. I got $70 off so my grand total was only $340. Mostly metric 1/2" drive sockets, combo wrenches above the 21mm limit I was previously at, and a hand impact driver set. I've got SAE stuff coming out my ass, but I've put metric off forever. More and more things I encounter are metric, so I figured I might as well take the plunge. $400 worth of Proto isn't as much as what it sounds like it is. I got a 15 piece metric deepwell set (10-24mm), about 15 miscellaneous sockets, 3 metric ASD combos (22,23,and 24mm), and hand impact driver set, and......well, I guess that's about it. The 15 piece deepwell set was $156 by itself. I could have gotten lots of brands for half that (or less), but I have that Proto fever that I can't seem to get rid of.  

Toolselect.com disclaimer: "Contact your Doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms: Nausea, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, difficulty sleeping, failure to achieve or maintain an erection, or sudden thoughts of death or suicide."

ok, so that isn't really there......but it should be.

• Like 1

Toolselect.com disclaimer: "Contact your Doctor immediately if you have any of the following symptoms: Nausea, stomach discomfort, diarrhea, difficulty sleeping, failure to achieve or maintain an erection, or sudden thoughts of death or suicide."

Surgeon  general warning: Risk of cancer is a possibility from Barnabys annoying ass salesman no's nothing about tools voice...

• Like 1

LOLOLOLOL.  

Your Proto order sounds super sweeeet!  Those are the type of tools that will last f.o.r.e.v.e.r.  You only have to think which one of my kids is worthy of willing these to.  :)

Just placed a $410 Proto order at zoro tools. I got $70 off so my grand total was only $340. Mostly metric 1/2" drive sockets, combo wrenches above the 21mm limit I was previously at, and a hand impact driver set. I've got SAE stuff coming out my ass, but I've put metric off forever. More and more things I encounter are metric, so I figured I might as well take the plunge. $400 worth of Proto isn't as much as what it sounds like it is. I got a 15 piece metric deepwell set (10-24mm), about 15 miscellaneous sockets, 3 metric ASD combos (22,23,and 24mm), and hand impact driver set, and......well, I guess that's about it. The 15 piece deepwell set was $156 by itself. I could have gotten lots of brands for half that (or less), but I have that Proto fever that I can't seem to get rid of.  

GOOD LORD I wish I had 400 to sling to hand tools, I have a savings pile then the rest of my paycheck go's to tools, I just bought a new tool box, I wanted a deeper model so I am selling my Husky on ebay and found the same one except for 16in deep vs 10, for only 110 it gives me room to have every little screwdriver in one drawer, then a wrench organizer so when I get metric combos they can all be in the same drawer, then I will save up for screwdrivers, Locking pliers and other small odds and ends when I see them on ebay. Then one of these days I will get the fuel impact but I saw the review this mornin on the M12 fuel hammer and that thing is crazy!!! Its only a 12v and beats out some 18's, But then I am holding off on power tool buys until I buy the brushless sawzall or circ saw, that is going to blow my funds up!! haha I have some Lenox recip saw blades coming in that I am "trialing" I cant trial them with out a recipe haha.

LOLOLOLOL.

Your Proto order sounds super sweeeet! Those are the type of tools that will last f.o.r.e.v.e.r. You only have to think which one of my kids is worthy of willing these to. :)

Proto makes up at least 70% of the hand tools I own. They are high quality tools indeed. I have some items older than my dad that are still capable of routine use. With very few exceptions, they are still made in the USA as well.

A lot of people will advise you to start cheap and upgrade later. I always saved a little longer and bought good shit the first time for the most part. That's why I waited so long to fill out my metric set. I wanted Proto or Blackhawk and I wasn't going to buy until I could get what I wanted. That may sound kinda snobby, but I'm pretty particular about my tools.