Stop the press I bought a Dewalt :)

wayneburgess

That makes the most sense they want to see how well it performs and sells over there, but a no fuel cordless nailer is a game changer. Paslode has to be slightly worried they are top dog in the USA for cordless nailers at the moment. The big thing is the Paslode probably hits harder, but the Dewalt will be better in cold weather and can bump fire also.

It sucks I have the Paslode Lithium Framing and finish nailer. They were pretty expensive and now they kind of out classed now. The Dewalt nailers have no butane smell, the noise is next to nothing, and you don't have to worry about now having fuel canisters and them expiring. I like Milwaukee but that's a cool tool. How much was it I know if I really wanted one I could order one off toolstop.co.uk but it would be a grey market too with no warranty the last time I check it was like 800 usd for the whole kit with batteries.

I get why Eric chose the Dewalt over the fuel it's a pretty heavy drill weight wise, and that 20v drill is pretty compact if you see the 2 compared with them. I still prefer keeping a 12v and 18v line of tools. The only thing I would like too see is a M12 tool that would take 2 batteries for some of the tools where you need the power like Makita has for the 36v tools. It's really the cutting tools where you need the massive power I think we are hitting a wall with cordless drills power wise any more and we are going to be snapping wrists.

Dewalt and their tool releases I can't figure it out.

You are preaching a quire haha 

And Dewalt must be giving out either some good drugs or some cash because Wayne and Eric both signed up on the Dewalt train this week! :)

Haha wait till that wears off, then they will realize what they got them selves into haha!!

I am waiting on the day Milwaukee gives a finish nailer a shot!!!

One thing to think about, that DeWalt brushless was realeased a year and a half later than M18 fuel, thats a lot of time to tweek technology, imo Milwaukee is going to update the fuel drill driver and impact in a year, with something that will rock the world lol.

I dunno if they will have it next year who knows with Milwaukee though they put new tools out fast. They might make a compact M18 fuel though if they see Dewalt poaching a ton of sales. Milwaukee has one of the most powerful brushless drills and impacts out there, so they wouldn't want to change that I'm pretty sure the Dewalt isn't even closes to the Milwaukee in power Dewalt chose to have runtime and weight and size as the priorities on that tool design.

I dunno if they will have it next year who knows with Milwaukee though they put new tools out fast. They might make a compact M18 fuel though if they see Dewalt poaching a ton of sales. Milwaukee has one of the most powerful brushless drills and impacts out there, so they wouldn't want to change that I'm pretty sure the Dewalt isn't even closes to the Milwaukee in power Dewalt chose to have runtime and weight and size as the priorities on that tool design.

I wouldn't be so sure, I think the Dewalt got power equal to or better then the Fuel... along with better runtime... The top milwaukee has 100in lbs more then my 3 speed and 50 more rpm... And from what some say, the dewalt still performs better and works faster... the tools are pretty well dead even with dewalt usually having better runtime... So you can't say Dewalt isn't close on power

My Dewalt 3 speed, I'd put it up against and driver on the market anyday, anytime it works that good... I blow people away when I show them the power it has

The Dewalt feels better in my hand by a long shot, it's lighter more compact, usually better runtime and it's cheaper... The MAYBE very slight difference in power is negligible, The Dewalt has more of the things most people would want in a tool they use everyday on the job

For a compact drill to sail through 2 2x4's with a 1" bit to me is a home run

I'm not a 100% sold in brushless yet i have the dewalt 3 speed brushless impact driver and i love it but i'm gone wait a few years to see how it holds before i buy a brushless dril/driver any way my dewalt 20v premium hammer drill is going strong and have a few years a head of serious work to do and i dont think there is a big difference in power between Top brands but in the long run how knows time will tell ! Enjoy your tools and work safely

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

You'll get more speed out of a Dewalt. +1 Dewalt

You'll get more power out of a Milwaukee. +1 Milwaukee

In terms of runtime, It's very hard to say and any difference is likely splitting atoms, but they are pretty damn close. I have a hard time believing Dewalt is really topping the Red Lithiums, but lacking any scientific facts, I'm willing to call it a toss-up.

Feel in your hand? A personal preference.

Looks? That yellow looks like something I pissed out the morning after my bachelor party. +1 Milwaukee

Warranty? Dewalt 3 years, Milwaukee 5. +1 Milwaukee

Service availability? Depends on your location

Range of tools in the line? Milwaukee. Dewalt will catch up (eventually) but right now it's +1 Milwaukee. 

Price? It's really a toss up. MSRP doesn't hold to much water. I've very seldom payed MSRP for any tool. However, we'll toss Dewalt a bone. +1 Dewalt

They've discontinued the DCD985L2 according to the Dewalt website. If I find one on clearance I might pick one up in case I ever need to anchor a battleship :lol:

Look, they're both nice tools. This debate is as old as the Ford, Chevy, Dodge, debate, and it will never stop. It all comes down to personal preference really. I prefer the extra torque over the few extra RPM's. I prefer red over piss yellow. I prefer not to wait 9 years on anticipated tool releases. I grew up with Dewalt, my dad is a Dewalt guy, I have used both extensively. I prefer Milwaukee.

Carry on!  

In terms of runtime, It's very hard to say and any difference is likely splitting atoms, but they are pretty damn close. I have a hard time believing Dewalt is really topping the Red Lithiums, but lacking any scientific facts, I'm willing to call it a toss-up.

Looks? That yellow looks like something I pissed out the morning after my bachelor party. +1 Milwaukee

Range of tools in the line? Milwaukee. Dewalt will catch up (eventually) but right now it's +1 Milwaukee.

Price? It's really a toss up. MSRP doesn't hold to much water. I've very seldom payed MSRP for any tool. However, we'll toss Dewalt a bone. +1 Dewalt

They've discontinued the DCD985L2 according to the Dewalt website. If I find one on clearance I might pick one up in case I ever need to anchor a battleship :lol:

Look, they're both nice tools. This debate is as old as the Ford, Chevy, Dodge, debate, and it will never stop. It all comes down to personal preference really. I prefer the extra torque over the few extra RPM's. I prefer red over piss yellow. I prefer not to wait 9 years on anticipated tool releases. I grew up with Dewalt, my dad is a Dewalt guy, I have used both extensively. I prefer Milwaukee.

• Like 1

Carry on!  

Haha I agree, and +1 to Milwaukee for service ability for me, I see a Milwaukee Nothing but Heavy Duty mobile service rep red pickup about once a week, Lets see if dewalt can top that!

Haha I agree, and +1 to Milwaukee for service ability for me, I see a Milwaukee Nothing but Heavy Duty mobile service rep red pickup about once a week, Lets see if dewalt can top that!

Need lots of mobile service reps when your junk breaks down lol ;) I seen one guy and his red truck at home depot one day trying to sell me on Milwaukee, I told him I run Dewalt he gave me a sad look and walked away

Color? Piss yellow or that time of the month, take your pick lol I know around here every contractor easily perfers the piss yellow over anything else that's for sure

Dewalt and Milwaukee for service here is about equal but we have a much better Dewalt availability... Dewalt can be bought at just about any hardware store around here that sells a drill even canadian tire where I got my first dewalt combo kit... MUCH harder to find Milwaukee... Everyone buys Dewalt so why sell something nobody wants really, 

Red Lithium and XR I think are pretty well tied for runtime... 

Shows in this test Dewalt did, the XR lasted longer

http://youtu.be/OOA3Z2ugbrc?t=46s 

Red Lithium is like anything else, marketing spin...