My New Toy ( Milwaukee Tape Measure )

Harold Wray

Look at what I just got at Home Depot.  They didn't have it on the floor yet.  It was still in the shipping box in the back.  They were nice enough to go hunting for it for me.  

It is really nice.  You can feel the nylon reinforcement.  The finger stop will keep your fingers from getting sliced.  The rubber over mold is like their other tools so it's softer then other tape measures.  Really feels solid.  

I guess I'm out of upload space so this is the largest pict I can post.

Haha Harold you are the man, got it before it was even on the floor!!! That looks great! Let us know how it does, The finger stop is pretty cool, I think I need to go get some Milwaukee Hand tools!

And Harold, How do you upload pictures, I still cant do it....

It is great. Fits in the hand perfectly and the finger stop is nice for a quick stop. I actually looked at Home Depot online and they said they had it in inventory at the store, but then when I went there they didn't. Then I went to another store and told them they have them somewhere. They were really nice and finally found them. They said they were supposed to wait for the Milwaukee rep to unpack and display them.

It is great. Fits in the hand perfectly and the finger stop is nice for a quick stop. I actually looked at Home Depot online and they said they had it in inventory at the store, but then when I went there they didn't. Then I went to another store and told them they have them somewhere. They were really nice and finally found them. They said they were supposed to wait for the Milwaukee rep to unpack and display them.

Haha nice work Harold, now what is the finger stop?

Little hard to describe. The finger stop is the little open part at the bottom front behind a metal bar. It protects fingers when is retracting. I have 5 other take measurer's and this is the best one. Well worth the $19. I have been getting these new Milwaukee tools so I can keep up with you guys. :)

Little hard to describe. The finger stop is the little open part at the bottom front behind a metal bar. It protects fingers when is retracting. I have 5 other take measurer's and this is the best one. Well worth the $19. I have been getting these new Milwaukee tools so I can keep up with you guys. :)

Haha I need to get some, do you know the country of manufacturer?

I just pulled the packaging out of the trash. It is manufactured in China. :( but it's good quality. I didn't tell you guys other features. You're can really feel the nylon reinforcement in the tape. It's yellow with numbers on the top side. It's white with numbers on the bottom side of the tape. It can extend up to 9 feet without snapping. I could get only 8 feet. The end tab is nice and wide. Strong magnet. I think it has two magnets one on front and one on top. It is embossed with 3 1/4in on the side. Just feels really well made. I'm telling you Milwaukee hand tools are really worth it. They feel like they will last. It's also a lot cheaper to buy then a m12 or m18 tool. I can still keep my Milwaukee addiction going.

I just pulled the packaging out of the trash. It is manufactured in China. :( but it's good quality. I didn't tell you guys other features. You're can really feel the nylon reinforcement in the tape. It's yellow with numbers on the top side. It's white with numbers on the bottom side of the tape. It can extend up to 9 feet without snapping. I could get only 8 feet. The end tab is nice and wide. Strong magnet. I think it has two magnets one on front and one on top. It is embossed with 3 1/4in on the side. Just feels really well made. I'm telling you Milwaukee hand tools are really worth it. They feel like they will last. It's also a lot cheaper to buy then a m12 or m18 tool. I can still keep my Milwaukee addiction going.

Haha I think Im going to get the needle nose pliers, how do you like them?

I like them. A lot of features in not used to having. I am so used to just needle nose pliers. These have much more. The actual pliers are about an inch, then it's the cutting part, then it's the 5 sizes of wire stripers, then it's another cutter. The hinge has the two size wire or bolt cutters. The grip is very good. It is not going to move or come off. The locking mechanism is good. I do wonder if you move the lock back when open could it break the lock. All in all I like these needle nose. I will use them for all electrical work but i want to use them for more. We will see. If you want I can do a close up video of them.

I like them. A lot of features in not used to having. I am so used to just needle nose pliers. These have much more. The actual pliers are about an inch, then it's the cutting part, then it's the 5 sizes of wire stripers, then it's another cutter. The hinge has the two size wire or bolt cutters. The grip is very good. It is not going to move or come off. The locking mechanism is good. I do wonder if you move the lock back when open could it break the lock. All in all I like these needle nose. I will use them for all electrical work but i want to use them for more. We will see. If you want I can do a close up video of them.

Sounds good, what is the warranty?

Well it's a limited lifetime warranty. All their hand tools have it. If there is a defect they will repair or replace. Doesn't cover normal wear and tear. So it's not a perfect warranty. Here's the info on the warranty. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/parts-and-service/milwaukee-warranty/hand-tool

pretty well any reputable company now has a lifetime warranty, Milwaukee and Dewalt along with all the big names

Harold you only got 8 feet, I was at the store the other day and tried the Fat Max (dewalt), it did like 13 foot 7 before it snapped LOL Felt kinda weird extending 13 feet down the aisle lol

Well it's a limited lifetime warranty. All their hand tools have it. If there is a defect they will repair or replace. Doesn't cover normal wear and tear. So it's not a perfect warranty. Here's the info on the warranty. http://www.milwaukeetool.com/parts-and-service/milwaukee-warranty/hand-tool

Thanks Harold, I want to pick up some of those demo screwdrivers, The reaming pliers and needle nose, that would be great if you did a video of the needle nose.

Conductor, Wow a Johnson rotary level.  That's really nice!! 

Sierra, You kick me out of the water with your 14ft.  But this Milwaukee tape measure is the 16ft model and is a good fit in my hand.  I know it's not the end all huge Fat Max but I think a lot of people will like it.   

Chase, Here is a quick video I did for the needle nose pliers.  I think they will last a long time. I have already used them for a few projects and they worked great.

http://youtu.be/lr2E5WKqh2M

• Like 1