Congrats Joe M

firefighter4187

I always wonder why Porter Cable started a 20v line....

Truth be told, I'm sure they're using the same cells as the Dewalt packs. The 20V is still 18V, they just used the 20V to distinguish them from the previous models. I'm sure PC was the same principle.

The PC 20v line was to give a more professional grade cordless tool the 18v PC line sold at Lowes is supposed to compete with Ryobi.

Yea, a lot of people bought the 18V PC line thinking they were getting the PC of old. Didn't work out :lol: The 20V stuff seems to be on par with Ridgid.

Yea the Kobalt line of power tools they launched a few years ago seems to have been an epic fail. You don't hear anything about it.

They didn't market them well at all and they're a drab grey with no cosmetic appeal at all. They entered an already crowded inventory at Lowe's to top it off.

Home Depot does a fairly good job with promoting Ridgid. Plus the have been expanding the lineup they added an 18v jobmax, grinder, and jigsaw. I really liked the tools Rigid had out I ended up returning it because of the the lack of additional tools also. Then I bought into the Dewalt 20v max and the same thing happened where are the bare tools to add on to my kit?

I noticed Makita has a new end cap display at my HD yesterday. No new tools, just a new display.

I noticed the same thing about a month ago it was where the ryobi tek4 display was. It didn't surprise me the tek4 line never seemed to be popular.

It didn't surprise me the tek4 line never seemed to be popular.

You got that right! Who would buy the tek4 screwdriver when you could get the M12 fuel milwaukee screwdriver and have a lot more going for you at around the same size! I have heard the M12 screwdrivers are some of the most used tools in the trades.