My sons kitchen

regopit

Hanging drywall is fairly easy but mudding is one of those black art skills as I call them. To get good and not require a ton of touchup and sanding takes awhile to learn, and some people never do learn it even professional drywall guys. It's starting to come together for you guys looks really nice!

What I have found over the years is what takes me a week takes these guys 2 days. I have been working with these drywall guys for years. They hung the rock 2 coats of fast setting mud in 6 hours Saturday 2 hr on Sunday and 2 hr sanding tonight. We will start the tile floors tomorrow. 

We got the tile done today and I  will be back in the AM to grout while Jason goes deer hunting. If all goes well we should be done by next week some time. I have been lucky on this job besides my son we have had 2 to 3 extra people a day to help. It has been a big help and working 7 days a week helps also. 

Today went way better then I though it was going to go at first. As I pulled up in to my sons driveway his truck was there. He got up at 4 to go hunting and it was raining so he stayed home and had 3/4 of the grouting done when i got there. I helped him finish the floor then my day went to hell in a hand bag. 

I have had this hipster couple calling me about a large deck they want so I gave then a call and since the both work from home I went over to give them a estimate. Lets just say after I finish a few more beers I will have a rant over in the pub

Sunday afternoon I, Jason and his wife headed out in the middle of a snowstorm to pick out his backsplash at the HD.  After about a half hour, he and his wife had it down to 2 or 3 tiles.  Jason’s mom passed away from cancer when he was 12 and when I told him if you pick the tumbled marble I have some hand panted tiles your mom did you can place in the field. That made for a fast decision. When I stopped by this week to see how far long he was, he had the backsplash in and it turned out nice for his first tile job. Now he has some more painting and trim to finish up.

The best thing about this whole job is for the first time in 18 years Jason started to talk about his mom and asking questions about her.

post-4245-0-95022800-1386906522_thumb.jp post-4245-0-29376300-1386906530_thumb.jp post-4245-0-02930500-1386906531_thumb.jp post-4245-0-55210800-1386906526_thumb.jp post-4245-0-62103700-1386906529_thumb.jp

• Like 1

It's weird to see you post his name because my name is also Jason, so you can't help to think some one is talking too or about me it's how that crazy brain works. The tiles look amazing and its nice he has something like that from his mother incorporated in his house. I really like how everything came together some bold choices I probably wouldn't have done like the wood ceiling but it looks great.