Workshop

jonathanquin

1 hour ago, Jronman said:

Right now I use Systainers and Tough system for most of my tool storage. Eventually I want to get into designing my own set of 3d printed modular storage bins for small parts storage.

That is it! I am thinking of the same thing and get into buying a 3D printer. Currently I am trying to understand this 3D printing more in depth and trying to understand what would be the best quality I can get from it. It is not worth it to wait for the brands to come up with a proper storage solutions.

I plan to do a combination.  Larger metal toolbox for my mechanic's tools, so I no longer have to search for twenty minutes for a wrench to do a one minute job.  Organize the various modular boxes I have now for various job types.  Set up a tool wall in the shop for the tools I use most around the house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fm2176 said:

I plan to do a combination.  Larger metal toolbox for my mechanic's tools, so I no longer have to search for twenty minutes for a wrench to do a one minute job.  Organize the various modular boxes I have now for various job types.  Set up a tool wall in the shop for the tools I use most around the house.

:))))) Modern mathematic! 10+10=1 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

What I do is to keep a tape measure and a utility knife in most tool boxes. These are the most used things and a few other small hand tools. It is worth it to not spend 20 minutes to find a knife :)))) So buy a few of them when they are on a good discount and throw one in each box.