Bosch RHH181 SDS Rotary Hammer video review

Moze

What is the difference between the 181 and the 182?

...the 182 doesn't exist...? :)

The 180 is the older model. It doesn't have the chipping feature. I think that's the only difference. Well, I think it also comes with the older lithium batteries.

That's cool you got the Bosch brushless. It looks so light. That's a good price for $389. Amazing how quick it drills the larger holes. Good video

Thanks, yeah the price was really good. 

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/power-tools/cordless/2612-22

They released this unit this year but the bummer is they didn't release it as a brushless tool for some reason. It's the same thing with Milwaukee's oscillating mutl-tool why did they release a brushed version? I guess it might have been the quickest way to get in into production and out to retailers in a reasonable amount of time? Dewalt had their brushless unit out before Milwaukee when it came to multi-tools. Like the earier Bosch version it lacks a chipping feature that's pretty lame if I'm spending a ton of money on a SDS drill I want to have some sort of chipping function.

• 1 month later...

I bought a Bosch RHH181 last week. I had initially bought the Milwaukee M12 fuel rotary hammer, but after about 4 weeks trying to like it in work, I found it too slow at drilling.

I liked the look of the bosch, and it seemed a great performer from reading and watching videos about it.

I demoed it against the Makita brushless model, but preferred the bosch, and it was faster.

The Bosch eats through concrete. Great drill.