FLEX 24V Cordless Tools

I got a great deal on their 24V Hammer Drill and got a free battery along with the two it normally comes with.  I have used it quite a bit and I'm very impressed. I got in on the lifetime warranty and now I'm thinking of getting the circular saw.  What have other experienced with this brand?

• 1 month later...
On 10/3/2022 at 8:27 AM, Eric - TIA said:

Yes, great brand.  We have been using ours and they rock.  The saw is just as powerful.  Overall you get a lot of tool for the price.

I have heard the opposite regarding price but I don't have much experience with the brand. it was also specifically referring to the inline 6-1/2 saw.

• 2 weeks later...

Flex has been an awesome performer so far, but the company is really pushing hard for the Pro crowd with a limited number of offerings. It’s gonna be a while before Flex and Milwaukee are mentioned in the same breath professionally.

For the average Joe……Flex is definitely what could be next. Then it just becomes a matter of budget. If I wasn’t already heavily invested in another platform. It would be between Flex and Kobalt XTR for my DIY dollar.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've largely neglected Lowe's since moving.  I had one only a mile away in Virginia, with a Home Depot another half-mile from it.  Now I have to cross a river into Baton Rouge, so I stick to my local HD.  Needless to say, I haven't kept up with Flex, or Kobalt for that matter.

I've heard a lot of good things, but think that at most it will be relegated to a second-tier brand for professional use.  In my limited and extremely subjective experience, DeWalt and Milwaukee are considered top tier, with many people using Makita and Bosch who would place those brands up there as well.  I view Flex, at least as it currently stands, as being kind of like Ridgid.  Good tools that can compete with the "top tier" in many ways, but ones just not seen very commonly on job sites or in garages.  

• Like 1