Amazon is getting worse and worse for buying things!

Altan

It was always in my mind that in most cases that the prices on amazon were a bit too much, in the past you could get good add-on items with good discounts and I did not care for the rest with very high prices as they were only available from amazon in UK, there is almost no DIY shop left in London! Now after pandemic and Brexit prices have become too high. That is not what I want to talk about it, yet! We did buy a Craftsman 20V cordless mini fan from amazon US as it is only available from amazon US, the price for US market is only 25 USD, which means it includes the VAT in US soil. As much as I know for any good exported no VAT is collected, so if this item is sold to UK VAT should be reduced, lets say the VAT in US is also 20% same as in UK, so the price is going to be 20 USD then and then in UK a 20% VAT should be collected, which it would make it the same price again, but it does not work like that, even though amazon is a VAT registered company. For exported goods VAT should only be collected in the destination country. But we had to pay Import tax on top of the 25 USD original price, plus they calculate duty fee and delivery on top, so with standard delivery I ended up paying 42 USD for this item, too odd!

The item was purchased in 14th June and supposed to be delivered maximum by the 27th June, yesterday they emailed us that the item was damaged in transport while it was within US soil transported from a city to another city until it reaches the last destination to go for the custom, I was checking the tracking with details as I always do with all orders, so that means the item was still within amazon in US until the custom process in done and that also means the damage is done by amazon guys and not with any other couriers. They sent us a message saying that the gonna send it back as it was damaged, then we contacted amazon saying it has been damaged within your company and you are responsible for that and you have to sort it out, they asked us to cancel it and reorder it, which means paying twice and get the refund for the first purchase after god knows how many days, we complained we wanted this for UK's short summer and the next delivery for the second purchase is going to be after 35 days almost and there will be not proper use for this in UK then, while the previous delivery for the first purchase was going to be after 13 days from the day of purchase! then they said they will do it with priority delivery at no extra cost which we agreed, and then we noticed the priority delivery is going to be after 30 days!!! Only 5 days earlier than standard delivery, but 17 days late compared to the previous purchase with standard delivery, what kind of priority delivery is that?!!!!!!! However we did buy it for the second time with standard delivery and they promised they will send with priority delivery which is still going to be twice more late and they said they will issue 10 USD promo credit, the guy told us the refund for the first purchase is going to be within 3-5 days but later they sent an email saying it will be within 7-10 days! Another odd thing! Then we checked the purchase list and we found out that we paid 42 USD for the item with the standard delivery but the details showed we have paid a bit over 50 USD!!!!! Which means they guy has lied to us and has charged us for priority delivery without our permission, this is another odd thing! That means you don't have control on your bank account while you shop with amazon and they can do whatever you want, we have made a video on all our chats with them and happy to publish it on YouTube. We contacted them again asking for answer and we found out that there is no 10 USD promo credit and that also was a lie! Another odd thing!!!

We use chat instead of calls as we can keep the record of the conversation but with calls you cant if they dont allow you. So I advise you to do the same and have a video record of your chat with them. They had a very useless customer service absolute waste of time and frying my brain. They keep quite when an unwanted question is asked and make me ask "Do you understand English, if yes, why don't you answer then?" Of course most of these guys are from India as it is clear with the names, and I can see US ex president Trumpf was right in one of his interviews saying that customer service for online things like internet service providers and I would also say/add online sellers like amazon should be based in US soil! Then you might (not sure yet) get a better customer service. 

I feel your pain. I feel like service all around is bad for most companies.  I could go on and on about some of the stuff that has happened to me and crappy service but my fingers will get tired.  Bottomline, if you pay for a service or product, there is expectations and these companies need to meet them.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've been ordering from Amazon for over 20 years, but admittedly I'm not a regular shopper.  I like the instant gratification of in-store shopping, but recently I've made some purchases from Bass Pro Shops and I've become somewhat of a regular Sams Club app user.  It's nice when you have a pleasant shopping experience and your purchases arrive in a timely fashion, but it can be a hassle when the wrong thing is shipped, or you need to return a product.

There is almost no such thing as US agents for customer service. Amazon, internet providers, and other companies purposely hire foreign agents from Philippines and India who are willing to work for peanuts. Americans wouldn't work for the amount of money they get paid. Early on Amazon looked like the world’s best company, (taking a loss in profits) to kill off all competition. Now that Amazon has captured market share, shipping, delivery, customer service has gotten worse. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RT29 said:

There is almost no such thing as US agents for customer service. Amazon, internet providers, and other companies purposely hire foreign agents from Philippines and India who are willing to work for peanuts. Americans wouldn't work for the amount of money they get paid. Early on Amazon looked like the world’s best company, (taking a loss in profits) to kill off all competition. Now that Amazon has captured market share, shipping, delivery, customer service has gotten worse. 

This is the same with all companies! looool

Also the same product but under 100 different names issue is quite bad too. I don't want gkjhg drill or astwre drill or [fill in the blank no name brand] drill. I want a DeWALT or a Milwaukee or a [fill in the blank name brand] drill.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jronman said:

Also the same product but under 100 different names issue is quite bad too. I don't want gkjhg drill or astwre drill or [fill in the blank no name brand] drill. I want a DeWALT or a Milwaukee or a [fill in the blank name brand] drill.

Amazon has this tendency to list the same item as a few separate listings, with minor changes in name or model number, for example if the DeWALT DT9515 SDS+ drill bit size 6mm x 160mm gets negative reviews a lot they list it as DeWALT DT9515-QZ and then make the first listing as not available. They think they are very clever and no one will notice these things. looool I stopped putting reviews in amazon or eBay. I don't want to be part of that game. At first for the same thing they have better quality product to send and then you put good reviews and then they drop the quality! 

Yeah I noticed a while ago that they  list the same item in several different listings, and the one with all the negative reviews is usually "not available". Lol

• 3 months later...